Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
1,645 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For all you that shoot a Ross just a question is your bow super quiet, ( quiet as the Switchback XT ).... Ive not got my Ross yet just curious. I am not going to put a STS on it either. ?

·
Registered
1,645 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
ttt

·
Retired GI "still serv'n"
13,960 Posts
The bow itself is quiet.
It's after you put all todays "garb" on that starts making some vibrations and noise.
Set it up, see what it's like and add a STS if you want.
I have a STS on both of my Ross bows, they are quiet and shock free :wink:

·
Registered
1,107 Posts
Me too....

I have the new STS on my 331 and it is SUPER-QUIET!!! I can hear my release and then the arrow whistling through the air.It was quiet before the STS,but I think you can never be too quiet:wink:

·
Registered
1,645 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I just like to keep my hunting set up as simple and plain as possible. thanks for the input

·
Registered
1,981 Posts
I've owned both and to me, the XT was quieter. In fact, I don't know if I've ever shot a bow as quiet as the XT.

However, the Ross is also extremely quiet and I prefer it to the Switchback for several reasons. I also do not have a STS on my Ross.

·
Registered
956 Posts
My Ross 34 is extremely quiet. I put a CSS by MeanV2 on it, made it even quieter,

·
Registered
11,484 Posts
Lots of Ross owners using my MeanV string suppressor, and I hear good feedback from them. 99% of bows out there benefit from the addition of a string suppressor. Here's a picture of one in Max-4 on my Tribute:)

Attachments

·
32,605 Posts
I've shot the Switchback and I don't see how a bow can be made any quieter. It has no vibration at all, NONE! How can you improve on that? I don't have one either so I'm very impartial and looking from the outside....in!

·
The Impartial Archer
18,273 Posts
Camspeed, I shot the XT and owned an SB and SB/LD and I think the Ross has the SB and SB/LD beat in the quiet department. The XT is probably quieter from the factory but it so subtle it will not make any difference IMO. I put catwiskwers and an STS on my 337 and the release click can be heard over the bow pop at about 10 yards in front of the bow. So, now I have to figure out how to quiet down my release. From my user name you can probably tell I love a quiet bow and always have. Another advantage for you is your arrow weight that 464 grs will soak up even more energy!

·
Registered
869 Posts
mdewitt71 said:
The bow itself is quiet.
It's after you put all todays "garb" on that starts making some vibrations and noise.
Set it up, see what it's like and add a STS if you want.
I have a STS on both of my Ross bows, they are quiet and shock free :wink:
it is quiet but it does depend on what you put on it. Ive heard noisy switchbacks before.

·
NC ASA Director
35,983 Posts
Ohio Bow said:
it is quiet but it does depend on what you put on it. Ive heard noisy switchbacks before.
I agree, go with good solid accessories that don't rattle and you should be good to go with either bow.

·
Registered
1,450 Posts
I've found my 337 has about as much vibration (or lack thereof) as the Switchback, and a little more string noise, which I would expect because the 337 is four inches longer, and doesn't have stock string suppressors. With Bowjax and an STS, my 337 is now slightly noisier than a Switchback, but not much.

I've found the 334 to be quieter than the 337, but the 337 to hold a little better, and be a little more forgiving than the 334 because of the longer ATA. At hunting ranges, I wouldn't expect to see much of a difference, though.

·
Registered
18,474 Posts
I owned a Ross CR334 and CR337 they were both very quiet. No vibration or recoil and they were both equipped with a STS system. Can't go wrong with these bows. I thought my CR334 was a tad quieter than my CR337. The CR337 was one of the most accurate bows I have ever shot thou!!!!!!

·
Retired GI "still serv'n"
13,960 Posts
The only thing I have noticed was a lil more string "twang" in the 337 versus the 334.
My 334 is very quiet, I am really impressed with it.
My Comp/337 just needs a lil fine tuning left on the STS and string twists and I think the twang will disappear.

·
Registered
12,895 Posts
In hunting camp this last week we all were practicing. Everyone commented on how quiet my 334 was.
I always thought it was anyway

·
Registered
177 Posts
My out of the box ROSS is quieter than my BIL's Switchback shooting the same weight arrow. I can't comment on the XT. You won't be sorry with the ROSS.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts