Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
9,024 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Those shooting a Ross with a drop away or conventional for that matter, where in relation to the berger hole does the bottom edge(touching rest) of the arrow at full draw sit?
Typically I set up other brands of bows I had with the arrow centered on the berger hole. Am I correct in reading that the Ross likes the arrow set higher?
I have mine right now so that the bottom edge of the arrow at full draw is abouts 3/4 the way up the berger hole or I suppose about 1/8" from being flush with the top of the berger hole.

·
Registered
527 Posts
completly even with the berger, and the meausrements aren't set in stone. THey're only a starting point. Either way, get the bow paper tuned.

·
Registered
6,066 Posts
Mine is like yours about 3/4 of the berger hole is visiable below the arrow. I am shooting a Trophy Taker Shakey Hunter.

·
Registered
159 Posts
berger holes

bloodtrail1 said:
Those shooting a Ross with a drop away or conventional for that matter, where in relation to the berger hole does the bottom edge(touching rest) of the arrow at full draw sit?
Typically I set up other brands of bows I had with the arrow centered on the berger hole. Am I correct in reading that the Ross likes the arrow set higher?
I have mine right now so that the bottom edge of the arrow at full draw is abouts 3/4 the way up the berger hole or I suppose about 1/8" from being flush with the top of the berger hole.
I have been told that alot of people go high of the berger holes because of how high the sight mounting holes are.

·
Retired GI "still serv'n"
13,960 Posts
My arrow out of 334 with a WB rest covers the top half of the berger holes.
There is about 3 mm of hole visible under my arrow and it paper tuned fine at 5 and 7 yards.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts