Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys,
I just bought a new 334 (will pick it up next week.) I'm trying to decide on what accessories I need or want for a good hunting set up. Here are my ideas so far.

Sights: Thinking about Tru Glo Xtreme based off of the AT review among other reviews. Looks like the toll-less is worth the extra money, right? What about the Violet LED vs. TFO? Any idea the life of the TFO?

Quiver: I won't be using it while shooting. Bohning Lynx 4, Tru Glo Axis 180 or Soft Loc. I know most will say Soft Loc. Would like a 4 - 5 arrow since I bring a field point arrow out as well.

Release: I have a short draw and really like the Fletcher Flathead design, but haven't used one. Will use a loop.

Stabilizer: Do I need one? Totaly looking for someone with this bow for suggestions. I also want to keep the weight down for hunting.

Sight: I will be using my WB from my older bow.

Open to any and all suggestions within these price ranges. Would also like to know if anyone has experimented with speed balls / nocks on the Ross'?

Thanks!

Mike

·
Registered
1,107 Posts
On my 331 I have a Montana Black Gold 4-pin sight,Alpine Archery Whisper-Flite drop-away rest,and a S-Coil stab (nice cause it is small and very light),and a Bohning Lynx 6 arrow quiver.All together the whole package weighs around 5 1/2 to 6 lbs. I will find out what packing it around next week.Shouldnt be too bad at all :wink: . Hope this helps.....

·
Retired GI "still serv'n"
13,960 Posts
Here are mine:

Viper sights are AWESOME and match the Ross very well. I do like Trophy Ridge sights but I think the Vipers are a lil better.
I have a TR Drop zone rest on my 337 and a WB deluxe on my 334. For hunting IMO, you cant beat the wisker biscuit.
I always liked doinker stabs and the Ross does not need a long one at all.
I just got my Alpine Softlok quiver in for my 334 and it is one heck of a quiver, It's better than my Bohning Lynx anyday.

Hope this helps, Mike

·
Registered
1,324 Posts
I have a standard package that I offer which is economical but has very good accessories, infact they are just as good as some costing much more.

Trophy Ridge Drop Zone Hunter Rest
Trophy Ridge Flatliner Five pin sight
Sims S-Coil stabilizer
Neet Braided Sling
TruPeep Max Hunter
Kwikee Combo Quiver

If you wanted to spend a little more I shoot and Recommend:

Spot Hogg Hogg-IT sight with fiber modifications
Trophy Ridge Drop Zone
Neet braided sling
G5 Meta peep 1/4"
Doinker Carbon 3D 10.5" stabilizer
Doinker Burley bar with 3.5" Doinker Chubs
Rear mount STS

The V-bar chubs add a pound to the bow and can be removed come hunting season but practicing with them on builds your bow are up so the bow seems light as air with them removed.

·
tmolina
1,933 Posts
my setup

my 331 has a SpotHogg Hunter Hog It sight, Trophy Taker Pronghorn SL rest, Ross quiver and CSS...Shoots real nice...
TM

·
roll tide roll!
3,652 Posts
:wink: heres the ultimate setup!(my opinion), spot hogg hunter hogg it, simms modular or limbsaver express stab., trophy taker shakey or pronghorn rest, meanv2's string suppressor system, i think his is called the css, a ross 2 piece arrow quiver, a fine scott release, and that ross will be so fine!

·
Registered
6,066 Posts
I have a vital bow gear 3 ring trapper sight, Trophy Taker Shakey Hunter rest, I use a sims s-coil for hunting and a doinker for target as I don't want to pack the weight of the doinker around. Been thinking about putting on an STS.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #10 (Edited)
Thanks guys! I'm definately staying with the WB rest until I see a reason for me to get rid of it like grouping or tuning. Never had any issues before. Has anyone seen the sight evaluation AT performed? Tru Glo ranked #2 and Trophy Ridge requested there sight to be removed after seeing the results. Any idea why? I do like the design of the Flatliner and will definately consider that one. I don't see an outer ring that helps line up with a peep? Anyone have any negatives about the tru glo xtreme micro tool-less?

Mike

·
Registered
956 Posts
not to bash Trophy Ridge, but I had a rest and a sight they make, all I can say is that I gave someone a HELL of a deal on barely used equipment.

Tru-Glo makes good stuff, I have a Ross CR334, Tru-Glo Extreme t/less, with light and TFO. Ripcord Rest, and all the other goodies. I use a Fletcher .44 caliper release, awesome release great price too. The flathead is a great release as well.

I think the Tru-Glo is the best sight for hunting, fair price, good quality, plenty bright. I wrapped black mole-skin around the inside of sight so I wouldnt have to worry about a glow around my pins.

·
Only visiting this planet
4,216 Posts
For comparitive purposes, on my 334 I have the drop zone rest, Extreme RT900 sight with fiber mod, s-coil stabilizer and alpine quiver.
Nothing spectacular but very comfortable.

·
Registered
1,143 Posts
CR334 accessories

On my 70lb LH CR334, I have a Trophy Taker Shakey Hunter rest (awesome), a Copper John Dead Nuts Hunter 6 pin sight (I added an extra), a Mini S-Coil stabilizer in camo, and a 3 arrow Softloc quiver loaded with Maxima hunter 350 arrows and Magnus Stinger broadheads. I shoot an Itty Bitty goose release with it, and cannot shoot at the same spot at 30 yards without smahing arrows!!! That is with broadheads.

Hope that helps,

Rob

1 - 13 of 13 Posts