Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
32,692 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have tried the ads but so far I haven’t found a 25 to 30lb bow....If you know someone who wants to sell one, will consider a riser bow with weak limbs I can pull back with little strain or a long recurve target bow....I miss target shooting .

I hope this isn’t against the rules....if so, a mod can delete it for me...

Reactions: bowtech2006

·
Registered
64 Posts
Recovering from a Rotator Cuff (or any shoulder injury) surgery is not for sissies. (speaking from experience)

You might spend (quite) some time using band type stretching and strength exercises before setting up to pull a bowstring. Flexibility (in spite of your form and release) is paramount to good muscle/tissue health.

Do not hurry, lest you go backwards.

YMMV

·
Registered
3,048 Posts
Might be time to consider an ILF bow. Last spring I bought a set of limbs, 22 pounds for 62 bucks shipped from the UK.

Bowmania

·
Registered
20,691 Posts
Dave -

Didn't you have an ILF rig/riser a while back?
If so, just get a pair of the cheapest, ah, least expensive ILF limbs you can find, they go down to 16# @ 28".

Since it's a rehab bow, just use whatever arrows you have.

Viper1 out.

·
32,692 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Might be time to consider an ILF bow. Last spring I bought a set of limbs, 22 pounds for 62 bucks shipped from the UK.

Bowmania
That sounds like a winner....the best shooting bow I had when I hurt my shoulder was a SF from UK....

·
32,692 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Amazon has the black Hunter bow in 30lb for $110.

Sent from my SM-N960W using Tapatalk
I’ll take a look...the length is imperamount....

·
32,692 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Dave -

Didn't you have an ILF rig/riser a while back?
If so, just get a pair of the cheapest, ah, least expensive ILF limbs you can find, they go down to 16# @ 28".

Since it's a rehab bow, just use whatever arrows you have.

Viper1 out.
Loved that bow and sold it....friend of mine bought it....wish I had it back....

·
Registered
17,116 Posts
I have a #40 @28" recurve also (I don't know much about traditional shooting so you would have to bear with me on that bow bought maybe 2 years ago shot it 10-20 times my job takes, to much time to shoot it.

Send me a pm if interested in it.

·
32,692 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Amazon has the black Hunter bow in 30lb for $110.

Do you think it is worth the money?

·
Registered
55 Posts
Do you think it is worth the money?
Yes. If you go on YouTube you'll find tons and tons of reviews. It's basically become the best entry-level bow for the money (unless you are absolutely against buying Chinese manufacture).

·
32,692 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Yes. If you go on YouTube you'll find tons and tons of reviews. It's basically become the best entry-level bow for the money (unless you are absolutely against buying Chinese manufacture).

Thanks....I will go take a look and I appreciate the come back....
Dave....

·
Registered
11,908 Posts
I have a 29 pound recurve, wood handle, bolt on limbs. It's one of those Italian bows sold through Bass Pro/Cabelas. I'll make you a heck of a deal on it.
But I'd recommend a Diamond Infinite Edge Pro. I bought one and used it while doing rehab from shoulder surgery.

·
Registered
3,409 Posts
Was planning to sell locally but I have a 67-68 Ben Pearson Cougar in good condition. It was a bow I got from an estate sale for people to try trad, but I purchased a dual shelf Bear Alaskan just the other day. Don't need both to fill the same niche.

62" marked [email protected]", actual weight #[email protected]" by my count (for what it's worth I don't have a fancy draw scale, just a digital fishing scale). Some dings but glass looks good and limbs are straight. New B55 flemish string. Trade for a nice blade? I've seen your work and have always admired it, I'd love to work something out with you.
1611431163280.jpeg IMG_5394.jpeg 1611431182341.jpeg 1611431193137.jpeg

·
32,692 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Thanks....I will go take a look and I appreciate the come back....
Dave....
I went to Amazon and bought the Black Hunter take down at 30lbs.....still looking for a good deal on an ILF riser and 28 or 30lb limbs...

·
32,692 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Was planning to sell locally but I have a 67-68 Ben Pearson Cougar in good condition. It was a bow I got from an estate sale for people to try trad, but I purchased a dual shelf Bear Alaskan just the other day. Don't need both to fill the same niche.

62" marked [email protected]", actual weight #[email protected]" by my count (for what it's worth I don't have a fancy draw scale, just a digital fishing scale). Some dings but glass looks good and limbs are straight. New B55 flemish string. Trade for a nice blade? I've seen your work and have always admired it, I'd love to work something out with you.
View attachment 7347369 View attachment 7347368 View attachment 7347370 View attachment 7347371
I’m a little concerned about the DW....I have a 29 and a half inch DL so that would up the DW 2 to 3lbs....I need to stay at 30 or less....I too would like to make a deal with you....

1 - 20 of 33 Posts