Archery Talk Forum banner

21 - 33 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
1,968 Posts
Dave look for the longest AMO ILF you can It will give max relief to your draw and as many have recommended stay in the upper teens to low 20#. If you tear that repair it will be hell to pay. Rubber band work is a good start Starting with a mid 30 or 40 # bow is not going to serve you well. For targets out to 30 yds+ mid 20s will be great and fun. As Hege said take it slow and easy... don't want to irritate that repair, do overs are not fun.

·
32,686 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
Thanks for the advice....I'm hoping to get 28lb limbs, either on the Black Hunter or the riser I can come up with...I cant remember if the 25" is the longest or not?.
I have a 29 pound recurve, wood handle, bolt on limbs. It's one of those Italian bows sold through Bass Pro/Cabelas. I'll make you a heck of a deal on it.
But I'd recommend a Diamond Infinite Edge Pro. I bought one and used it while doing rehab from shoulder surgery.

·
32,686 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
Can you show me a photo?

·
Registered
6,741 Posts
I would seriously lean to the lightest available.

When I done bounced too hard off my shoulder, my rehab bow was the dinky little thing my dad got me when I was, I don't know, maybe 10 or something? It let me shoot. Took me a very long time to come back to full strength. It was, interestingly, the last motion that my body could handle without pain.

I'm thinking super cheap ILF with the lightest limbs would be great. I know you ordered a black hunter, but if that's not comfy, don't feel weird about sending it right back, and don't tell yourself you're going to work into it.

If you just want to get something light and cheap, the PSE snake uber plastic bow shoots fine as a starter/recovery bow. And, I bet you could pain tit something pretty!

·
Registered
20,661 Posts
Barney -

If you just want to get something light and cheap, the PSE snake uber plastic bow shoots fine as a starter/recovery bow. And, I bet you could pain tit something pretty!
Ah, maybe not .. ;)

Viper1 out.

Reactions: BarneySlayer

·
Registered
87 Posts
What about a galaxy bullseye i got one for my wife and it is pretty nice for $125 at Lancaster. It is 20 or 25 lb and fun to shoot

·
32,686 Posts
Discussion Starter #28
What about a galaxy bullseye i got one for my wife and it is pretty nice for $125 at Lancaster. It is 20 or 25 lb and fun to shoot
Thanks".....I will probably end up with 25 to 28lb limbs....my 29 and half DL will kick it up2 lbs or so....

Reactions: Dudly45

·
32,686 Posts
Discussion Starter #31
I bought a Xbow and never shot it....I hated the weight of that thing....

Reactions: carlosii

·
Registered
11,905 Posts
I bought a Xbow and never shot it....I hated the weight of that thing....
Good call. I looked at 'em and thought how in the heck I could shoot that thing without something to help hold it up. LOL

·
32,686 Posts
Discussion Starter #33
Take it slow. Nephew had rotator cuff surgery on draw arm. Started shooting too early. Long story short...now has to use xbow.
I tore my rotator cuff 2 yr and 3 months ago...I don't have any pain now but I give in on that side a lot....Pick heavy things up with my right arm.....I have pulled back a 30lb bow without out any discomfort...I've pulled back my 35 lb Polar with no discomfort but only a few pulls....I want to start at 25lbs and work from there.....

21 - 33 of 33 Posts