Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
4,733 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello I am new to the recurves and am looking at getting a Roy Hall custom recurve. It is my understanding he is out of texas I think.I was wondering if anyone had any info on that builder? The bow is very nice looking. It said it was custom built in 07. Like I said I am new to this side of archery and am looking to learn. Any info would be great! Thanks in advance.

·
Premium Member
5,344 Posts
Roy is from Texas, a really nice guy, and makes one heck of a nice bow. I don't have his number handy, but I'm pretty sure I can get it if you want to call him and talk to him about the bow.

Chad

·
Registered
4,733 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks that would be great! The bow is amazing looking. Thanks for the help. I love the info.

·
Registered
4,733 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
That is what this one is as well. It looks alot like yours. It says "Diamond" on top limb. I was able to get for around 300. Does that sound ok? What do think it was new? Those bows you have there are awsome!! Very nice. What do you like about it the most?

·
Registered
461 Posts
I have the Navajo II that is built by Roy Hall. Very fine bow and I could not be happier.

·
Registered
27 Posts
$300 is a great price, don't know what they go for new, I also bought mine second hand. What I like about it most is its slimness in the handle, it just fits my hand right. Second was the way it shot for me, I went in to buy a Chechmate Hunter 2 and walked out with the diamond instead. You'll love it bowtech.

·
Premium Member
5,344 Posts
I was able to get for around 300. Does that sound ok?
Depends on the condition and the woods used to make it--if it's in good shape, I'd say you got a good deal. If it has exotic woods in it and it's in good condition, I think you got a really good deal.

Chad

·
Registered
4,733 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I did some asking about that bow and found out it is made from african wood. If that helps.

·
Registered
185 Posts
Mr Halls bows are a very fine shooting bow, very quick with an arrow, no noticeable handshock for such a light mass weight bow, and they point and shoot where you are looking. The finish is super as well as the craftsmanship. No sir, you won't be disappointed if you get it.

·
Registered
4,733 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Here are some pics of the bow. I did buy it and am having a blast shooting again!

·
Registered
4,733 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I was told the wood is from africa. I havent had a chance to call Roy yet to get the info for sure. That is just what I was told. It is in very good shape.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts