Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
284 Posts
I have russell boots for my Africa hunting business. They are calf high with turtle skin for the puff adders. I've had them now 5 years or so, and they are as comfortable as shoes can be. I have walked many hundreds of miles in these boots taking my hunters for all sorts of game.

However they are not so easy on the feet to break in. There was a point that I wondered if these were gonna work out for me. I suggest a few sheets of mole skin and some tape be handy for the first hundred miles. I don't think I can wear these out, way too well built and heavy duty. They are perfect now.
I also use a pair of Whites boots here in America. They also were very stiff, but now as good as can be. THey are also so tough and well made I doubt I can wear them out.
When you feel a hot spot stop and get them off and tape up. In time they will just feel great.

·
Registered
833 Posts
I dont know about the scent control boots, but I wear a pair of Zephyr II's just about everyday. I have 2 pairs of the Zephyr's, 1 for kicking around and they have been resoled 5 times and 1 pair that I wear to work. I had a pair of Zephyr's for close to 20 years before I threw them away, they where resoled no less than 10 times. My wife laughs at me for wearing them with shorts. Great boots.

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I have a pair of Russells and absolutely love them. I just figured there might be someone on here that had the scent control boots.

·
Registered
6 Posts
i've got a pair of zephyrs and a pair of snake boots. they make a great product if you can afford them. I'm sure the boots you're asking about would be top quality as well.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts