Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have some rust forming on my sights screw heads. What can I do to get it under control before it gets worse?

·
Registered
17,256 Posts
I have some rust forming on my sights screw heads. What can I do to get it under control before it gets worse?

I read in a magazine today to clean them off with a soft brush and some gun bore cleaner. After you get them cleaned apply a little string wax to keep them from rusting again.

·
Born To Hunt
6,123 Posts
I keep an old toothbrush by my work table and spray some WD40 on it and brush the bolts or what ever rusts. Some one, when the same question was asked, said to paint the screws that were rusting, after getting them cleaned of rust, with clear fingernail polish.

·
Registered
1,359 Posts
Go with stainless,you can get them at any specialty screw shop,I'm very anal-retentaive when it comes to rust,and it just seems that the rust always hits the sight screws 1st.

·
Registered
6,216 Posts
Just spray with a little rem-oil, as soon as you can after a rain, or before if you know you're going to be in a rain. The rust will basically disappear. Hit it with the pressure, then wipe off with a paper towel.

·
Registered
3,304 Posts
i replaced all my with srainless also.
looks a lot better and no worries about rust.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts