Archery Talk Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just looking to get some opinions here. Been pondering the idea of a longer ATA bow for this year. Will be parting way with my Hoyt Nitrux (31.5 ATA). Currently eyeing up either a Hoyt Carbon Defiant 34 or an RX-1. Is there really much difference between them? Any considerations I should be taking into account? Specs I plan to run:

29-30in DL @ 70-75lbs
Easton Axis with Brass Inserts, 4 AAE Max Stealth Vanes

·
Registered
18,199 Posts
If you are going used on a carbon bow try and find the 2015 model.

The carbon defiant had some issues with the number 2 cam so if you get one make sure it has the upgrade cam I believe it's the 2.1cam.

The rx1 I personally thought had a lot of vibe and was the loudest of all the carbon bows from 2010.

But if I had to pick one of the two you asked about it would be the defiant.

·
Registered
3,545 Posts
The carbon defiant is my favorite so far. With a 29-30” DL you dont need to worry about the cam.

The DFX cam is butter smooth.

I have one I wont part with, its my “backup” bow but I still use it very very often, its just a pleasure to hunt with.

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
The carbon defiant is my favorite so far. With a 29-30” DL you dont need to worry about the cam.

The DFX cam is butter smooth.

I have one I wont part with, its my “backup” bow but I still use it very very often, its just a pleasure to hunt with.
Thanks for the response, just confirms my opinion on getting one

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
If you are going used on a carbon bow try and find the 2015 model.

The carbon defiant had some issues with the number 2 cam so if you get one make sure it has the upgrade cam I believe it's the 2.1cam.

The rx1 I personally thought had a lot of vibe and was the loudest of all the carbon bows from 2010.

But if I had to pick one of the two you asked about it would be the defiant.
I've seen in other threads that the 2.0 cam gave people tuning problems so I will make sure it's the 2.1

·
Registered
1,580 Posts
The RX 1 is an amazing bow. Easy to tune, and great draw cycle. Mine is the Ultra though (35" ATA).

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.