Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 20 of 55 Posts

·
Registered
15,821 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was finally able to spend time behind the new RX-1 Turbo model and WOW!

Now, granted this bow is nowhere near as "easy" to draw as the RX-1, it is extremely smooth as it holds peak weight longer. At the start, she climbs to peak weight in short order. Through the draw cycle it is a very consistent DFC before the valley and back wall. There is no harsh dumps or surprises at all. Stiff and extremely smooth is my assessment all the way to the back wall. Best Turbo yet? I say yes. Just my opinion fwiw.

The shot is remarkable in my opinion vs, the REDWRX RX-1. The feedback/shock is way less. The has zero jump or elongated post shot vibes. To me it's the most dead in hand Carbon Flagship Hoyt is producing for 2018. I am overly impressed with this bow as a game killing machine!

Mine's on order, so let the long wait begin!!

·
Registered
24 Posts
I actually wasn’t a fan, shot it today. I’ve had several 75% letoff hoyts and seemed like this one wanted to jump more than others...loved the rx1 and ultra though

·
Registered
1,284 Posts
I had the fortunate opportunity to shoot the RX-1 Turbo alongside the RX-1 and the RX-1 Ultra last night. Its a really good line up, and I'm pleased with all of them, which is why I didn't walk out of the shop with one. There is difficulty in deciding which one is best.

I will say, I like the Turbo the most when compared to her predecessor in the Defiant series. I was impressed with the speed on the Turbo and though there was some hand shock, I really didn't see it as unusual for a bare bow. Now shoot side by side with the RX-1 or the Ultra and you see more hand shock because those two are so much smoother. It however is a remarkable bow.

For those who avoid a bow the seems to jump off the wall and try to get away, I understand how that is undesirable for some. However, after trying to creep down the draw and seeing how much quicker the Turbo rolls forward - the more I appreciate that feeling knowing my shot is falling apart and I should square-up or let down the bow. I use that feeling as part of my training and practice, and tuning.

As the OP, I am very impressed with the Turbo.

·
100% Fair Chase
2,155 Posts
I actually felt is was as easy if not easier to draw than the regular RX1. Turbo is an awesome bow. I can see myself trading in the RX1 for a turbo model very soon

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
571 Posts
I actually felt is was as easy if not easier to draw than the regular RX1. Turbo is an awesome bow. I can see myself trading in the RX1 for a turbo model very soon

I feel the same. I think the valley is the same as the RX1 too. And so much bigger than past turbos.

·
Registered
15,821 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I believe the Turbo to be more "dead in hand" vs the RX-1. Both bows synced.

The Turbo is louder imo. That's not a major factor me as our northern deer stand there and take it like a man.

·
Registered
3,151 Posts
Ordered myself a turbo. We received two turbos in the shop and soon as we got them in they went out the door. The customers preferred the turbo over the RX-1 and the Ultra. IMO the turbo is the best 2018 hoyt out of the line up

·
Registered
15,821 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Ordered myself a turbo. We received two turbos in the shop and soon as we got them in they went out the door. The customers preferred the turbo over the RX-1 and the Ultra. IMO the turbo is the best 2018 hoyt out of the line up
I couldn't agree more.

·
Registered
1,905 Posts
I am going to get me a Turbo soon. Can somebody put up some speeds they were getting? very little info out there on the turbos so far. I am really interested in what the difference is going to be between the Number 1 Cam at 28" vs the Number 2 at 28"

·
Registered
638 Posts
I believe the Turbo to be more "dead in hand" vs the RX-1. Both bows synced.

The Turbo is louder imo. That's not a major factor me as our northern deer stand there and take it like a man.
I agree that the Turbo feels better on and after the shot than the RX1, however I thought that the turbo was actually quieter than the RX1 when I shot them both. Who knows what could have contributed to that, but either way I ended up ordering the Turbo.

·
Registered
15,821 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I agree that the Turbo feels better on and after the shot than the RX1, however I thought that the turbo was actually quieter than the RX1 when I shot them both. Who knows what could have contributed to that, but either way I ended up ordering the Turbo.
And I may be wrong on sound levels. My local shop has an all metal interior and really echos/resonates noise levels.

·
Registered
15,821 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I am going to get me a Turbo soon. Can somebody put up some speeds they were getting? very little info out there on the turbos so far. I am really interested in what the difference is going to be between the Number 1 Cam at 28" vs the Number 2 at 28"
I wish I ran the one I shot thru the chrono. The speed was there visibly. I know that's anecdotal at best, but this bow thumps em hard compared to the RX-1.

·
Registered
16,673 Posts
When I shot all three carbon bows I also thought the turbo was the best on everything besides the draw on ultra as in easy to draw and the turbo did have the shorter valley but I think it was the best valley out of all the turbos. I wish the turbo came in 31" draw id of ordered one

·
Registered
2,873 Posts
It would really help to know what DL each of you is shooting at. I read mostly thumbs up on the turbo model, but curious how it draws at 30”.

I’m going to do my best to get my hands on one soon... y’all have me intrigued! Sounds like Hoyt really knocked it out of the park!

·
Registered
15,821 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
It would really help to know what DL each of you is shooting at. I read mostly thumbs up on the turbo model, but curious how it draws at 30”.

I’m going to do my best to get my hands on one soon... y’all have me intrigued! Sounds like Hoyt really knocked it out of the park!

I shot at 29".

·
Registered
203 Posts
Good to hear positive things on the Turbo. It's the first turbo that I actually liked enough to order one. I ordered it in Kuiu Verde last week. They said 6 weeks wait. I hope they ship sooner!

1 - 20 of 55 Posts