Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
785 Posts
Just bought this, fully adjustable on the jaws and legs.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
785 Posts
It works on either top or bottom limp!

·
Premium Member
1,236 Posts
I have a TruGlo Bow Jack Wide - works fine, but will not mount in between limb pocket like @charlesd's image above, only below it. Fine for standing up bow though. I may have to pick up a quik-stand to try as well...

TG393BR_N.jpg

·
Registered
139 Posts
It works on either top or bottom limp!

Just curious, could you level the bow with this stand? In the bottom picture it looks like it might be close and needs to go up a bit. Either by sliding the stand down the limbs or extending the legs?? I'm sure it would be a bit of a pain and take some patience to get it just right but would it be possible? Im wondering because if you can I would like to use one in place of a bow vise for now...

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
785 Posts
You could, would just take to manipulate the legs on the bow jack stand.

·
Premium Member
1,236 Posts
I have a TruGlo Bow Jack Wide - works fine, but will not mount in between limb pocket like @charlesd's image above, only below it. Fine for standing up bow though. I may have to pick up a quik-stand to try as well...

View attachment 7189791
BTW I was mistaken above, it (the wide) will fit in between the limb pocket - it's the standard Bow Jack that won't.

·
Premium Member
1,236 Posts
Ours would work and keep your cam off the ground. Thanks for looking. View attachment 7193535
I've considered your stand several times... but I have to be honest, the price pushes me away as it's 4x the price of the others being mentioned. I understand that it's made in the USA and I don't mind paying more for that. But $40 (or more) for a couple pieces of bent rod just seems excessive - especially if one has to buy 4 or 5 of them. Can you expand on the value and features of your stand over the more common style of bow stands like the Box Jax, Pro Pod, etc?

·
Registered
1,499 Posts
I've considered your stand several times... but I have to be honest, the price pushes me away as it's 4x the price of the others being mentioned. I understand that it's made in the USA and I don't mind paying more for that. But $40 (or more) for a couple pieces of bent rod just seems excessive - especially if one has to buy 4 or 5 of them. Can you expand on the value and features of your stand over the more common style of bow stands like the Box Jax, Pro Pod, etc?
That's a very fair set of considerations and thanks for asking me to offer an explanation.

Here's some of what I have learned. By far many folks are totally satisfied with the bow jacks type of stand that is offered by many companies and priced very economically. Those fine folks have their problem solved to their satisfaction and are not interested in our bow stand especially because of the increase in price point. However, there are a lot of other archers that are not satisfied with that solution for these most common reasons: tough to fit on wide limb bows, due to clamping may mar the finish of the bow, less stable due to a smaller foot print, they break, and the number one reason is the cam or stab has to be the third point of contact with the ground. For indoor use this really isn't an issue but can be a major issue shooting outside. Our bow stand addresses those problems and we thoroughly examined this market condition prior to ever pulling the trigger on this endeavor. Thus, we saw a need and a value in the market.

Our bow stand is over engineered by design. 3/8ths inch cold roll steel with a powder coated finish will stand up to a lifetime of use. Our unofficial warranty is "if it breaks send it back to us and if we don't see tire tracks on it, it will be replaced". The owner of another archery products company much larger than ours told me that he would go through 3 or 4 bow jack style stand per year. He admittedly is rough on gear. Ours has lasted him for three years now and gets heavy use.

Our bow stand is not as portable but we hinged the front leg so it will fold to help with this. Ultimately if your shooting a $300 set up or a $2000 set up, do you want a $9 "insurance" package keeping that investment off the ground (at least partially) or a $40 "insurance" package that does that job without fail? There are the differences and again thank you for asking.

By the way, precision bending (called tube forming) 3/8th's inch steel is a serious challenge. There's only a handful of tube and roll forming machines left in the entire country that has the capacity to run such heavy wire. Most of them are still Union shops and if I used them the end cost would exceed $100 per unit which the market simply can't support. It's a simply design but very challenging to produce.

·
Premium Member
1,236 Posts
That's a very fair set of considerations and thanks for asking me to offer an explanation.

Here's some of what I have learned. By far many folks are totally satisfied with the bow jacks type of stand that is offered by many companies and priced very economically. Those fine folks have their problem solved to their satisfaction and are not interested in our bow stand especially because of the increase in price point. However, there are a lot of other archers that are not satisfied with that solution for these most common reasons: tough to fit on wide limb bows, due to clamping may mar the finish of the bow, less stable due to a smaller foot print, they break, and the number one reason is the cam or stab has to be the third point of contact with the ground. For indoor use this really isn't an issue but can be a major issue shooting outside. Our bow stand addresses those problems and we thoroughly examined this market condition prior to ever pulling the trigger on this endeavor. Thus, we saw a need and a value in the market.

Our bow stand is over engineered by design. 3/8ths inch cold roll steel with a powder coated finish will stand up to a lifetime of use. Our unofficial warranty is "if it breaks send it back to us and if we don't see tire tracks on it, it will be replaced". The owner of another archery products company much larger than ours told me that he would go through 3 or 4 bow jack style stand per year. He admittedly is rough on gear. Ours has lasted him for three years now and gets heavy use.

Our bow stand is not as portable but we hinged the front leg so it will fold to help with this. Ultimately if your shooting a $300 set up or a $2000 set up, do you want a $9 "insurance" package keeping that investment off the ground (at least partially) or a $40 "insurance" package that does that job without fail? There are the differences and again thank you for asking.

By the way, precision bending (called tube forming) 3/8th's inch steel is a serious challenge. There's only a handful of tube and roll forming machines left in the entire country that has the capacity to run such heavy wire. Most of them are still Union shops and if I used them the end cost would exceed $100 per unit which the market simply can't support. It's a simply design but very challenging to produce.

I agree the pod styles can be a bit annoying, especially on wide limbs. The TruGlo is the best "pod" style I've found for wide limb bows and I prefer its padded jaws instead of hard plastic like the Pine Ridge or the Pro Pod, but it still can be cumbersome to put on and remove one handed as it tends to "hang" on the limb edge.

Thanks for responding, I'm going to place an order and give yours a try with my outdoor setup.

·
Registered
1,029 Posts
Just bought this, fully adjustable on the jaws and legs.

I have 2 of the pine ridge ones, (along with 3 of the Truglo mini wide ones which I use for my 3d bow and I have a tendency to forget its on there and shoot my Helix, thus breaking them) I set the Pine ridge ones up so that the legs are extended out on the limb pocket one and shorted up for the cam end, as I absolutely HATE having my cams touching the ground at all, works pretty well

·
Registered
430 Posts
Its cost is around $ 10, small and foldable. Valid both indoors and outdoors.
Constructed of carbon and aluminum.
It holds well and does not damage any part of the bow.

img-20200207-221223_orig.jpg

·
Registered
1,499 Posts
I agree the pod styles can be a bit annoying, especially on wide limbs. The TruGlo is the best "pod" style I've found for wide limb bows and I prefer its padded jaws instead of hard plastic like the Pine Ridge or the Pro Pod, but it still can be cumbersome to put on and remove one handed as it tends to "hang" on the limb edge.

Thanks for responding, I'm going to place an order and give yours a try with my outdoor setup.
Well thank you Sir. Any other questions please just PM me and I will answer to the best of my ability. Happy 4th of July to you and yours! And Happy and SAFE 4th of July to AT! We'll see what tomorrow brings us here in the shadows of Atlanta.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts