Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
231 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
They shoot good but why have all that extra crap on there if it doesn't do the thing it purports to do.

·
Registered
231 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I will say his results of the Primes show it to have very little torque and perfect nock travel. Yet, you go over to the g5 forum and they have lots of tuning issues where they purposely advance the top cam so it's out of sync from factory specs. So maybe this torque test isn't the end all test. Still, I don't like needless complexity if there is no benefit. Is there some other benefit of the new system that I'm not aware of?

·
Registered
284 Posts
Check out Greg Poole’s new video on Facebook where he checked the cam tracking of the new system. Shows a remarkably stable draw.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
4,416 Posts
What real life effect does this have on bow accuracy?

·
I'm nicer than I appear
8,037 Posts
A friendly fella at an indoor tourney showed me once where he could twist his grip with his Prime and the arrow still hit where he was aiming. it was pretty cool.

I beat him by 5 points and 12 x's. I wasn't shooting a Prime. Weird huh. :wink:

·
Registered
20,177 Posts
Hoyt's cam system wouldn't have any way to reduce bow torque. It may help bottom cam lean but not bow torque caused by the cables being pulled to one side of the riser by the roller guard.

·
Rokslide Brendan
536 Posts
A friendly fella at an indoor tourney showed me once where he could twist his grip with his Prime and the arrow still hit where he was aiming. it was pretty cool.

I beat him by 5 points and 12 x's. I wasn't shooting a Prime. Weird huh. :wink:
That's because the bow is torque tuned, not because of the design. Has to do with setting sight and arrow rest position for maximum forgiveness.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts