Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys just curious on how to tune for nock left and right on the hoyt rx5, does this require cam shimming? Or does hoyt have a top hat type system like Matthews?

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,868 Posts
Hey guys just curious on how to tune for nock left and right on the hoyt rx5, does this require cam shimming? Or does hoyt have a top hat type system like Matthews?

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk
All bows have some type of washer, shim, tophat etc between the inside of the limb and the outside of the cam bearing. This is nothing new or old. If you want to adjust the arrow to put inline with the aim string you either use the arrow rest which is what most have always used before the last 5 yrs when everyone thinks you should shim cam or let me say "move the cam". Now this is an option but IMHO should never be the #1 option like most think now. So if you are wanting another way to move the string inline with the aim string for optimal tuning other than the arrow rest yes you have to reposition the cams. Like I said we have been doing this many many years before the event of deadlock or the elite system.....

1 - 2 of 2 Posts