Archery Talk Forum banner

Rx7 ultra rest?

724 Views 11 Replies 9 Participants Last post by  TheCat
Just picked up a rx7u after a few years behind Mathews bows. The draw cycle, grip, and the new bourbon color made me drool all the way to the credit card machine at my dealer.

Which rest are you that have them fond of? Long time hamskea fan, but the new gi8 from vapor trail looks pretty nice. I guess I’m worried about having room for a hamskea more than anything. Not interested in a QAD. Had too many failures and clearance issues from them In the past.
Reactions: deer310sg
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

· Registered
824 Posts

· Registered
Bear Execute 32, PSE Evo XF 33
4,377 Posts
I would go with the vapor trail gen I8. VT's are just so easy to use and tune. I had the new QAD Integrate on my RX7 and didn't have any issues with it. I reckon either would do the job pretty well.

· Registered
2,190 Posts
I debated the QAD vs the VT for my new Z1S. I've got Hamskea's on 3 other bows. I decided to try the QAD, so far I'm happy with it, time will tell. I will say the compact and out-of-the-way nature of it is really nice. Time will tell, but so far no timing issues or anything like that. I just need Hamskea to have a compact micro adjust integrate rest :) The VT looked a little bulkier, and I was worried about having room inside the TEC riser on the Hoyt.

· Registered
33 Posts
I’m running hamskea trinity’s on both my RX7 and Z1S. No clearance issues at all with either bow.
Just picked up a rx7u after a few years behind Mathews bows. The draw cycle, grip, and the new bourbon color made me drool all the way to the credit card machine at my dealer.

Which rest are you that have them fond of? Long time hamskea fan, but the new gi8 from vapor trail looks pretty nice. I guess I’m worried about having room for a hamskea more than anything. Not interested in a QAD. Had too many failures and clearance issues from them In the past.
I"m running the epsilon on the RX7 . there really isn't any clearance issues. Yes its heavier and tad annoying to reach the inside bolts. it is however a great option to hunt with and has the ability to swap over to a target rest.

· Registered
670 Posts
Just picked up an RX7 Ultra a few weeks ago. Put a fresh Epsilon on mine. Fits great. No issues. The few little adjustments I had to make were no issue at all. This is probably my 8th Hamskea I've owned and I've had zero issues to date with any of them.

· Registered
13,299 Posts
Bought my rx7u last month. I installed the VT geni8. Awesome rest, install as easy as pie.
The micro is great. I went with the top limb option.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts