Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought The Nemesis about 2 months ago bran new in the box never been shot. I am stressing out and need some input. My friend who is an experienced archer asked to draw it and accidently dry fired it about half way down mistakes happen. And it just demolished the top cam. He stepped right up and is going to replace the whole bow for me. My issue is I have never ever seen that much damage from a full draw dry fire let alone only half drawn. Am I crazy, and the bow I thought was great is not nearly what I thought it was? or is it more common then I think for a dry fire to do that much damage ? I am almost debating if I even want to buy another one. Any info or input any one has please let me know it will be greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I really loved the design and I would like to say I loved how it shot but I never got to shoot it. I was just about to install the rest when the dry fire happened. Never again will any one draw my bow without an arrow! It literaly bent the cam and peeled metal off it. Would Rytera/Martin fix this under warranty? not that I would expext that. I was so supprised to see this much damage from a half draw dry fire.

·
Registered
123 Posts
i have seen three bow dry fired this year at the shop i go to and all looked like the one you are telling us the cams just take all the force. one was a vanquish, d340,quest

·
The Death of Many
2,738 Posts
I have witnessed about 6 dry fires over the past 20 years and the cams never bent. However other things could be wrong like axles, cracked limbs, limb alignment pins, strings and cables. On the other hand I have seen a few bows derailed while letting down and all but 2 required at least one new cam.

·
Registered
2,172 Posts
Fairly common for the cams on a lot of modern bows to fail with a dryfire. Replace the cams and strings and look the limbs over good and it will be fine. Have seen the same AX dryfired 3 times, 3 sets of cams and still using the same limbs.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks every one you guys were right on the money. The bow is fine just the top cam needs replaced. looks like it absorbed all the energy I took it to Bay archery in essexville MI truly one of the best Pro shops I have been in possably ever. If your in that area check it out this is a true pro shop very helpfull staff. Thanks every body

·
Registered
49,459 Posts
Thanks every one you guys were right on the money. The bow is fine just the top cam needs replaced. looks like it absorbed all the energy I took it to Bay archery in essexville MI truly one of the best Pro shops I have been in possably ever. If your in that area check it out this is a true pro shop very helpfull staff. Thanks every body
Glad we could help you out and was a pleasure to meet both of you. Thank you for the fine words. Next time your up in our area stop by again and say howdy. ;):beer:
Dale

1 - 9 of 9 Posts