Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 20 of 69 Posts

·
Premium Member
17,587 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
There are many people with Alien-X bows on order. Many more than what was initially anticipated. I know there are many that are anxious to get this amazing bow and that's perfectly understandable. It will be worth the wait! :wink:

With that said try to remember that Terry and Ryan Martin have allowed members of ArcheryTalk to be a part of the development process for this all new bow. That is groundbreaking in and of itself! :thumbs_up When the first hints of the new bow were announced the bow was still under development and not ready for shipping. Many placed orders when the bow wasn't in full production yet hence longer wait times.

Many changes have been made since it's inception that have improved upon an already excellent bow. Crackers consulted on many changes including suggestions for the cams. The resultant final product will blow your socks off! :) We have a bow that is meeting or exceeding it's IBO rating!
Unanticipated manufacturing delays do happen. Anyone working in manufacturing can attest to that. Many shooters that have ordered the newest, latest and greatest can attest to longer than normal wait times in many cases. This is not unique to the Alien-X or Martin/Rytera.

So if you're Alien-X is on order try to take a deep breath and stay patient. :wink:

Good shooting,

Rx

·
Registered
2,856 Posts
I can attest to this, Steve Hilliard and I got what I believe to be the first two "production" bows, and the bows that we are getting in the shop have many changes and improvements. They are worth the wait as RX has already said. There were small issues that needed worked out and by the looks of the latest Alien we got, in have been made. :thumbs_up

The Alien X is simply amazing! Every one I have had my hands on has met or exceeded the IBO speed, hold so solid in the hand at full draw, and are just dead in the hand.

Hang in there Martin/Rytera have been running themselves ragged trying to keep up with the demand for not just the Alien, but almost every bow they offer.

You will be pleased....very very pleased when you get this in your hands. The wait time will be forgotten with the first shot.:wink:

·
Registered
11,770 Posts
10-4!!! Martin is definitely working hard to get these bows out, I'm sure if they could they'd ship every one they have on order out today if it was possible!! Hopefully soon, can't wait!! '94

·
Registered
1,513 Posts
Received a phone call yesterday from my proshop telling me an Alien had landed! My all black Alien has been on order for a while and I was hoping it was mine. Well, not all wishes come true but I had the chance to shoot the shop demo for quite a while and WOW, now I'm really impatient to get mine in. After salivating and shooting, I was told mine should be in next week! I can't wait!!!

·
Premium Member
17,587 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Received a phone call yesterday from my proshop telling me an Alien had landed! My all black Alien has been on order for a while and I was hoping it was mine. Well, not all wishes come true but I had the chance to shoot the shop demo for quite a while and WOW, now I'm really impatient to get mine in. After salivating and shooting, I was told mine should be in next week! I can't wait!!!
Glad yours is coming soon Squish. This seems to be a pretty typical reaction after shooting one. :thumbs_up:wink:

·
Registered
16,392 Posts
There are many people with Alien-X bows on order. Many more than what was initially anticipated. I know there are many that are anxious to get this amazing bow and that's perfectly understandable. It will be worth the wait! :wink:

With that said try to remember that Terry and Ryan Martin have allowed members of ArcheryTalk to be a part of the development process for this all new bow. That is groundbreaking in and of itself! :thumbs_up When the first hints of the new bow were announced the bow was still under development and not ready for shipping. Many placed orders when the bow wasn't in full production yet hence longer wait times.

Many changes have been made since it's inception that have improved upon an already excellent bow. Crackers consulted on many changes including suggestions for the cams. The resultant final product will blow your socks off! :) We have a bow that is meeting or exceeding it's IBO rating!
Unanticipated manufacturing delays do happen. Anyone working in manufacturing can attest to that. Many shooters that have ordered the newest, latest and greatest can attest to longer than normal wait times in many cases. This is not unique to the Alien-X or Martin/Rytera.

So if you're Alien-X is on order try to take a deep breath and stay patient. :wink:

Good shooting,

Rx
Excellent post bro...:thumb: :thumbs_up

I will tell you Terry really out did himself when he designed this bow, being at the factory and seeing what goes into production and development I can assure you guys you will NOT be disappointed....:first:

·
Registered
16,392 Posts

·
Registered
5,663 Posts
Who was getting impatient? :D

Its nice shooting a couple of bows you really like while waiting for a bow that looks ALMOST too good to shoot:thumbs_up

Yep the Firecat and S4mag nitrous are doing just fine...for now:wink:

·
Smilin' Bob
25,077 Posts
Who was getting impatient? :D

Its nice shooting a couple of bows you really like while waiting for a bow that looks ALMOST too good to shoot:thumbs_up

Yep the Firecat and S4mag nitrous are doing just fine...for now:wink:
That's the key...to any of them.

Your not waiting on A bow, you're waiting for ANOTHER bow.:wink: Everyone should have a couple back ups....its good for the economy. :)

·
Registered
4,473 Posts
I have had my Crackers Edition on order for about three weeks now.

I am a lefty, so the wait is going to be long and agonizing.

Just so I have it my mid-summer and have plenty of time to get use to it before deer season :thumbs_up

·
Registered
5,663 Posts
That's the key...to any of them.

Your not waiting on A bow, you're waiting for ANOTHER bow.:wink: Everyone should have a couple back ups....its good for the economy. :)

Well, I like to think of it as a backup for my back up, or one as my plains bow and the other as my mountain bow...or one as my spot bow and the other as my foam bow.

By the sounds of things, I need a few more bows:wink:

·
Premium Member
17,587 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Well, I like to think of it as a backup for my back up, or one as my plains bow and the other as my mountain bow...or one as my spot bow and the other as my foam bow.

By the sounds of things, I need a few more bows:wink:
You also need a 'go to' bow for when you can't decide on the others:thumbs_up:D

·
Registered
5,272 Posts
I know mine will be worth the wait. I have had it on order for a while now, but after shooting a demo of it, I knew I could wait for as long as it takes. My Bengal is doing just fine for now. Still putting holes in foam just fine.

Addin another stallion to the stable is all I am doin. As it has been said before, you can only ride one horse at a time. :madgrin:

·
Registered
2,598 Posts
Losing patience

I have to be honest I was patient when they said the bows would be out in the next 15 days. Now we are still waiting and there are 3D shoots to go to. I did this last year waiting on a GTO and ended up they did away with the GTO and I ended up with a GT 500 which was a great bow but I am tired of waiting on 09 bows when 09 is half over...

·
Registered
4,218 Posts
For those who have handled it. How light is it? I have my DXT and really like lighter bows. Isnt it around the same weight?

·
Registered
1,185 Posts

Good shooting,

Rx
Don't mind waiting but I'm getting a little tired of hearing my rep tell us that our order is ready to ship or will be shipping in a couple of days and still no bows.:mad: I pass this info on to my customers and then they come back a week later looking for these bows which suppose to be here:eek: You can only hold folks off so long with, they're coming. On the brite side, my Bowtech sales have been good!

·
Registered
8,222 Posts
Well said RX ! most have been anticipating the Alien since the first ever post.With all of us helping with this bow, I firmly believe that Rytera has come up with an absolutely amazing bow. I am glad to see so many orders and thankyou for all your patience. JWT has stated he and I have seen and been through the perfecting of the AlienX,and I think this is a bow that everyone will enjoy.

1 - 20 of 69 Posts