• Mathews Reezen

Votes: 34 37.8%

Rytera Alien-X vs Mathews Reezen Only if you have shot both

3556 Views 19 Replies 16 Participants Last post by  spiker12
Which bow did you like better and why?
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

· Registered
2,426 Posts
I planned on a Reezen, but after I shot it I didn't like the draw cycle or the buzz after the shot.This was with the new style dampner. I shot the am32 at the same time and thought it was very nice,a little vibe at the shot, but not bad at all.I wasn't real happy with the finish, but it was a nice bow. I shot the Alien and ordered it right then. Loved the draw cycle,very similar to my swithback but smoother into the valley.Back wall was easily the best,and it was as dead in the hand and as quiet as any bow I have shot.I didn't think I would be shooting a Martin bow this year,but they hit a homer with the new Rytera.
Remember, this only my opinion, but after shooting over a dozen different models over a two day period, I think the Alien is the bow of the year.

· Registered
9,219 Posts
I have not shot the Alien-X yet but have shot the Reezen. That being said I would take the Alien-X any day over the Reezen. Did not like the Reezen at all..... The Alien will shoot as good if not better then the Firecat, BulletX or the Slayer - So I still choose the Alien-X :thumb:

· Registered
12,941 Posts
I have not shot the A-X yet either but The Reezon doesn't even come close to the bows I already have ... I did shoot the Reezon even the shop staff I went to didn't much like it

· Registered
725 Posts
The X over the reezen

The alien is by far better then the reezen, have owned the q2 and the outback and went to the alien after I shot the reezen a step down for mathews.

· Registered
273 Posts
Shot both - without a stabilizer, Alien had a much better draw, smoother all the way which suprised me being the Reezen is a single cam bow. IMO the Alien holds better, but hard to tell because neither had a sight, or peep, so just the feeling - could be I dont like the grip on the Reezen. Vibration on the shot - Reezen felt like a tuning fork(I have heard they have since corrected this problem, but have not shot one that didnt have the vibration). All in All I liked the Rytera better, but if they could get the draw on the Reezen to be a smooth as the old SB it would be a toss up.

· Sultan of Smack
6,654 Posts
I have shot both and I bought the Reezen. For me, the Reezen held better, had less vibration and was a lot quieter. The draw cycles were very similar with a slight edge to the Alien, and the Alien had a touch better back wall. Overall, the Reezen fit me better.
It's a great time to be an archer!!! So many choices!

SCFox

· Premium Member
5,888 Posts
I have shot both and I bought the Reezen. For me, the Reezen held better, had less vibration and was a lot quieter. The draw cycles were very similar with a slight edge to the Alien, and the Alien had a touch better back wall. Overall, the Reezen fit me better.
It's a great time to be an archer!!! So many choices!

SCFox
Not knocking you or the Reezen but the draw cycles are NOTHING alike. But I do agree the Reezen is quieter,not a ton but noticeable.

· Meat-N-Taters Kinda Guy
Chill-R for hunting, Barnsdale My Addiction ST for punching holes
15,529 Posts
wow....

Bash fest on the Reezen......:mg:......Very original bashing, I might add; nothing we haven't heard a hundred times or anything.......

I truthfully have shot both bows, side by side. Draw cycles, IMO, are very similar. Both seem to build quickly; the Rytera has a better (bigger) valley and a nicer (harder) wall. Personally, I like both of these bows. I didn't like the Reezen prior to the new dampner, but it made worlds of difference. If I was in the market for a new bow right now, I would have a hard time choosing, but I think I would give the Rytera the nod. It simply looks sweet, draws nice, holds perfectly, and shoots awesome. Once again, I miss out on a bow because it came out too late for my bow bug. I bought a Reezen a month ago....now the Monster is here, the Alien has landed, the Alpha Max still looks and shoots sweet, and the Air Raid is yet to come......

Anyone want to buy a lightly used Reezen 6.5 from a compulsive bow swapper???? :wink:

Just kidding, maybe........

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.