Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2,236 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Im considering an Alien X .
My questions are ,
Do they have quality strings , or do I need a aftermarket to prevent peep twist ?
Do they broadhead tune , roller guard bows scare me as far as tune , from experience they dont like fixed broadheads , Id like to hear some stories of fixed broadhead tuning and the alien x , good or bad

Thanks

·
Registered
1,584 Posts
The factory 8152 strings are very good. After a typical break in period theysettle well and I've never had any peep rotation issues.
And , as with any bow, they do tune to shoot broadheads.
Rollers or not , thats a tuning thing not a bow thing.
I have 2-3" groups out to 60 yards @ 314 fps. With fixed blades. And they do in fact tune out to lay right with my field points.
The Alien is one of the smoothest bows I've owned. Very stable,quiet,and fast.

·
Registered
2,172 Posts
The stock stone mountain strings are very good as far as peep rotation and stability,but some sets do have problems with the serving not being up to par,not a big deal if you or your shop know how to reserve.The bow itself will tune to the inside of center and it will drive tacks with field points and broadheads.Once I had mine paper tuned with field points all I had to do was make sure my BH's spun straight with no wooble and they hit the same as field points.At 28.5"/61.4# shooting 370gr Victory V3's I am getting 296fps and have been able to shoot both Montecs and Tricks with no problems.

·
Registered
5,465 Posts
No problem with tuning mine for G5 Strikers or Aftershock Maniac heads. Factory string are very good and are fine for a year or two.

·
Registered
2,236 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
JRH60 that about seals it for me , reserving I can do in my sleep , Looks like an alien is on tap

·
Speed Thrills and Kills
4,692 Posts
I had a little issue with the serving comming off on mine and sent it to JRH60 and he tuned it and reserved both ends and it shoots lights out as far as i can comfortably shoot so im very happy with mine....mine is set at 63lbs, 30-1/2" draw..and 440 grain arrow weight and it spits them out at 282 fps....i love this thing best bow i have had in a long time ill put new stings on mine next year but so far i havent had anyu other troubles than that

·
Registered
2,172 Posts
JRH60 that about seals it for me , reserving I can do in my sleep , Looks like an alien is on tap
BCY 3D is about all I ever use on mine for end servings,holds up great.

·
Registered
13,750 Posts
Im considering an Alien X .
My questions are ,
Do they have quality strings , or do I need a aftermarket to prevent peep twist ?
Do they broadhead tune , roller guard bows scare me as far as tune , from experience they dont like fixed broadheads , Id like to hear some stories of fixed broadhead tuning and the alien x , good or bad

Thanks

just got my first three in the shop last thursday, kept 1 the other two already sold,,, the cable on these three had what appears to be a very hard but flexiable sheath over it were it runs through the rollers,, almost totaly invisible.. one guy has already told me its the most accurate bow he ever shot, and he was content with his broadheads after three shots, and exact filed point grouping,, havnt shot my yet

·
Registered
2,236 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks for the replies guys , looks like Ill be shoot'n my own next week , Ill report

1 - 10 of 10 Posts