Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I think that i have too much lean on the idler wheel. I put an arrow across the idler wheel and it is about 1/4'' to the left of the nock point on the string. Looking at it as if you were going to shoot it. Is this the way you check it. And how do i fix it if there is to much lean...:confused:

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
No one knows if my bow has a problem. And if it does, how if fix it..????

·
Registered
3,466 Posts
your pro shop should be able to fix that easy. ask them why its that way.

·
Registered
824 Posts
I would set it up this way;

Get a buddy to lay the arrow flush on the idler wheel while you're at full draw the arrow your buddy is holding should be pointing straight down. It should be just on the left side (outside) of the arrow you have nocked (for RH shooters)

You will need a bow press. You will have to take one side of the cable off and twist one side of the buss cable to get the cam to straighten up.

Archermike

·
Registered
2,289 Posts
To fix the lean...

The arrow goes on the rest side, and it should intersect at the nock point on the string... If it dosent you twist one side of the split yoke of the string to bring it in to the nock point...

·
Real helos, have 2 rotors
10,241 Posts
It sounds like you do not have ENOUGH idler wheel lean.
As stated above your arrow point should touch the string at the nock point.

The reason is that your bow has a roller cable guard that pulls the cable and string in such a way that the idler will be straight up and down at full draw.

I like the idea of checking idler lean at full draw, as was previously posted. It would obviously be impossible for 1 person to do so without a drawboard.

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I didn't know it had to be at full draw.Then i may not have a problem. I will get my wife to help me out. Thank you. I knew A.T. wouldn't let me down. :thumbs_up :thumbs_up

·
Registered
2,426 Posts
That looks about dead on.Also,while at full draw, look up and make sure the string is tracking straight off the idler.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts