Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2,955 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has any one tried one of these new tactical bow sights? http://www.tacticalarcherysystems.com/
I think I would like to try them but they are a little spendy looking for some good info on them

·
Registered
600 Posts
Has any one tried one of these new tactical bow sights? http://www.tacticalarcherysystems.com/
I think I would like to try them but they are a little spendy looking for some good info on them
Until the time comes they either come down in price, or I need my bow for personal protection, then I'm not interested. It does appear cool though.

·
Registered
1,794 Posts
Yes, I'm using the single pin SABO sight this year. I like it because it is lightweight, has a 2" diameter scope, the red fiber optic dot projects onto the lens so no pin to look at, and you do not need batteries to make it work. You also do not need a peep to shoot it, you just line up the dot below the arrow, and you have a torque free shot. You can also put a pin light on it for low light scenarios.

·
Banned
9,743 Posts
so far no leftys...so that would probably count me out...

emailed them about it....but no response

I'll probably just stay with HHA

·
Registered
2,955 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yes, I'm using the single pin SABO sight this year. I like it because it is lightweight, has a 2" diameter scope, the red fiber optic dot projects onto the lens so no pin to look at, and you do not need batteries to make it work. You also do not need a peep to shoot it, you just line up the dot below the arrow, and you have a torque free shot. You can also put a pin light on it for low light scenarios.
Thanks for the good info I was shooting with out a peep for a while but then went back to it allways find myself back to shooting with a peep don't like looking around the string do you think you could shoot the Sabo sight with a string splitter or a peep? Thanks I would get the multi pin set up

·
Registered
12,042 Posts
I haven't used one but it's definitely an interesting idea. I'm not sure about a lens for hunting though...

-What about rain drops on the lens, would that distort the dot or impact point?

-Glare from direct sun light hitting the lens and blocking the sight picture?

-I also think you would give up a few minutes of shooting light early and late because no matter how good the lens and coating is it will not transmit 100% of the light. I'm assuming there is no magnification with the lens, if so, that will make light transmission ever worse. I'm sure the pin is bright enough, it's the light transmission that could be a problem early or late.

Definitely a neat sight, I just like something a little simpler for hunting. In good weather I'll bet it works great.

·
Registered
1,794 Posts
I haven't used one but it's definitely an interesting idea. I'm not sure about a lens for hunting though...

-What about rain drops on the lens, would that distort the dot or impact point?

-Glare from direct sun light hitting the lens and blocking the sight picture?

-I also think you would give up a few minutes of shooting light early and late because no matter how good the lens and coating is it will not transmit 100% of the light. I'm assuming there is no magnification with the lens, if so, that will make light transmission ever worse. I'm sure the pin is bright enough, it's the light transmission that could be a problem early or late.

Definitely a neat sight, I just like something a little simpler for hunting. In good weather I'll bet it works great.
I'm not sure about the raindrops on the lens distorting the dot, so I couldn't comment on that. I don't think that it would be any different than a scope on a rifle. The lens is inside the sight housing 3/8" on either side, so it is well protected. As to glare of the sun hitting the lens, I have shot it at all kinds of angles with the sun and so far, no problems at all. As for giving up a few minutes of shooting light, you can attach a pin light to the sight for low light conditions, just like you would with any other sight. The lens is very clear with just a slight tint to it. So far, I have experienced no problems shooting at dusk or dawn. I like the simplicity of the sight itself. No projecting pin, just a dot, so you really do have a full field of view.

·
Archer
2,324 Posts
Single dot sight...

How does the single dot sight work? It doesn't look as though you can slide the housing or anything so is it just a fixed single dot sight?

Thanks!

·
Registered
1,794 Posts
How does the single dot sight work? It doesn't look as though you can slide the housing or anything so is it just a fixed single dot sight?

Thanks!
It is fully adjustable. You can adjust the lens housing vertical or horizontal, and you can adjust the dot vertical or horizontal. Very simple to adjust. :smile:

·
Archer
2,324 Posts
???

Thanks for the reply. I understand that it is adjustable, but can you move the dot while in the field like an single pin slider or is it fixed and you have to judge all other distances other than what the dot is setup for?

It is fully adjustable. You can adjust the lens housing vertical or horizontal, and you can adjust the dot vertical or horizontal. Very simple to adjust. :smile:

·
Retired GI "still serv'n"
13,960 Posts
sent em an email, if they make Lefties, I might try one out......looks cool.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts