Archery Talk Forum banner

21 - 34 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
169 Posts
Well for the guys making them they save about 100.00 vs buying a new tetherd.
I have under $100 in this platform I made from a seat I bought off boonerbrad. I wa able to customize and add a top step similar to a mission but with platform size of a predator. It weighs 2.6lbs . 6061 aluminum post steel reinforced pivot point. Rock solid on tree too. I had fun doing it and kept $80+ to put toward other hunting items.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
26 Posts
If you build one, you need the old style with the teeth in the seat to make it worth it. I built one with a newer style seat. It works. But you have to attach your strap to platform itself and not the post. It's really just a pain

·
Registered
590 Posts
I used a rope mod for the new style seat and it was ROCK solid. Quick, quiet and cammed over tight enough that I bent the standoffs. I can see how using a strap for the new seat would be a pain having to route the strap through the buckle each time.

·
Feedn The Geese
12,264 Posts
Well for the guys making them they save about 100.00 vs buying a new tetherd.
You can make a sandcast lone wolf platform for $70? Hell then yeah have at it. I was factoring in all the extras, the shipping...

·
Registered
245 Posts
I have under $100 in this platform I made from a seat I bought off boonerbrad. I wa able to customize and add a top step similar to a mission but with platform size of a predator. It weighs 2.6lbs . 6061 aluminum post steel reinforced pivot point. Rock solid on tree too. I had fun doing it and kept $80+ to put toward other hunting items.

How did this work out for you? What's the orange cord for?

·
Registered
4,467 Posts
I've tried a bunch of set ups and if my sit is less than 3 hours I always use the Scout mounted on the top step of my Beast Sticks.

·
Registered
245 Posts
It Works great. I’ve tested it multiple times. The orange cord is to attach to back of my saddle as I climb. I used orange so I can see it in low light.

Your seat platform has 2 holes. Did you drill the one your bolt goes thru? If so, why? To get more of a camming action? Mine only have 1 hole towards the back.

·
Registered
169 Posts
Correct, I had to drill a new hole closer to the front so that the platform would be level when folded down. Otherwise it would have been sloped at about a 45 degree angle.

That was the hardest part of the build. Getting the hole square and parallel to the platform.

·
Registered
Mathews V3
37 Posts
If I were you I would save yourself the trouble and buy a saddle hunting platform. They may cost a little more upfront, but it will be less hassle and you will be getting a platform made specifically for saddle hunting. I really like my tethrd predator platform.

·
Registered
245 Posts
If I were you I would save yourself the trouble and buy a saddle hunting platform. They may cost a little more upfront, but it will be less hassle and you will be getting a platform made specifically for saddle hunting. I really like my tethrd predator platform.
Thanks for the tip. I already have one and will probably by another. However I have 3 of these seats just sitting there doing nothing in my shop. I'm always up for a DIY project.

·
Registered
169 Posts
Thanks for the tip. I already have one and will probably by another. However I have 3 of these seats just sitting there doing nothing in my shop. I'm always up for a DIY project.
Careful... you will have people contacting you to buy those extra seats!!

21 - 34 of 34 Posts