Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2,114 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just got off the phone with Hoyt. Seems to be a major pain in the butt to install camo limbs on my Safari colored UltraTec riser. Apparently they have different tolerances between the 2. Something to do with the machining of the limb pockets. It also is not just a matter of putting limb pockets from a camo bow on my UT and then making the swap. An anodizing difference would cause problems. They actually told me it would have to envolve an engineer redesigning something that would make it work. :sad:

Has anyone ever seen camo limbs on a Safari colored riser? I had a reply on a previous thread stating it has been done before. Looks like I need to look for black 72 deflection just to drop down to 60lbs max.

Does anyone know if there are tolerance differences between say 03-04-05 limbs that I should know about before hand? Or are all target XT2000's the same?

·
Registered
3,267 Posts
I'm currently shooting a 2005 camo ultratec riser with black limbs and a 2005 Safari Protec with camo limbs. Both look very nice. I also put bronze pockets on the safari protec. converted both to spiral cams, so my poundages changed a little bit doing that. Otherwise, all of the parts seemed to be interchangeable. I did have to get a different set of rockers though.

·
Registered
2,114 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Are we talking paint thickness here?

I guess pockets from a camo bow might be sloppy on a target riser. Target riser pockets would scratch the finish on a camo riser. The only difference in just changing limbs would then be paint finish thickness between the 2. They are after all the same XT2000 on both. Each color is the same width so there shouldn't be a problem there. How much difference can there be between the 2 rocker wise? What would be the reprecussions? + or - a miniscule amount of draw weight?

Anyone have a micrometer and both types of limbs available?

·
Reverend
6,940 Posts
Is this what you're looking for?

I paid about $150 more than regular camo for it... :thumbs_up
They told my dealer it would be the same price as a regular Safari bow with camo or black limbs... Last week my dealer told me that Hoyt is charging him additional fees for the camo limbs; something about it having to go through their custom shop??? Now he wants to charge me the additional fee. :thumbs_do :cry:

BTW 28in. 60# UltraTec; The limb sticker does not correspond to actual bow specs.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,968 Posts
wow reverand, i am a bowtech man through and through but that is one really good looking hunting rig.
that thing looks almost too sweet to sit in a tree with man.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts