Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter #1
Thinking about posting my bow on here and sale it but never done it before. How safe is it and whats the most effective way to do it?

Registered
I've sold several and its a very safe place to sell a bow. Be as descriptive as possible and mention flaws even if you think they are minor. Post up a lot of pictures. Package the bow like you would want your bow to be shipped. Don't ship the bow until payment is received (obvious but thought I'd mention it). Be prepared to spend at least $30 for shipping (i think the price has gone up recently).

Registered
What WCork said and, make sure you're available for communication up until the buyer receives the bow and is satisfied. Also, read the classified rules

Registered
Cc, have add my 2 cents in, if you are selling a bow, and I happen to want it,please offer postal money orders as possible payment, PayPal is quick, but if you can wait 3 days for the money order, you get people like me added to the list of potential buyers, PayPal is terrible to set up, it cost some money, I totally disagree with paypal

Registered
Cc, have add my 2 cents in, if you are selling a bow, and I happen to want it,please offer postal money orders as possible payment, PayPal is quick, but if you can wait 3 days for the money order, you get people like me added to the list of potential buyers, PayPal is terrible to set up, it cost some money, I totally disagree with paypal

It doesn't cost anything to get PayPal. I have had issues with people claiming to mail money orders and I never received them wether they shipped them or the post office lost it it's hard to tell. Also with PayPal you can file a claim of you get stiffed you can't do that with a MO.

Registered
I have sold and trade a few bows on here. just be honest about the bow and describe it condition in exact shapes it's in. haven't had a deal that went sideway yet. list it as fair as you can and be prepare for some lowballers to comes around. use paypal or usps money order. and talk to the buyer via phone or text will help a long way. just my .02 cents. hope that help

Registered
Look at feedback...
I just sold one to Canada last week. The buyer had great feedback... He told me he mailed the money order in US dollars... I packed the bow..
The day the money order was in the mailbox, I shipped the bow... I wasn't worried about it clearing...
He got the bow yesterday, loved it, and I deposited the money order today...
Great deal..

Registered
I've sold several and its a very safe place to sell a bow. Be as descriptive as possible and mention flaws even if you think they are minor. Post up a lot of pictures. Package the bow like you would want your bow to be shipped. Don't ship the bow until payment is received (obvious but thought I'd mention it). Be prepared to spend at least $30 for shipping (i think the price has gone up recently).
I just shipped off a bow, and it cost me 70 bucks with UPS. I did insure it for the full amount and get sig. conf. packed it really well, so that added a little extra weight.

Registered
I've bought several and sold a few as well. Never had a problem. I prefer paypal because it gives you some security. If you're the seller, PayPal charges 3% of whatever your price was, but it's free for the buyer. There's no setup fee or anything either. I'd rather use it, because if I do get stiffed, PayPal will refund me. Really, it's safer to be the seller. You hold the bow until you get paid, whether PayPal or money order.

Registered
I've bought a bow off the site. PayPal is secure and gives record of the transaction. Money orders are what Russian scammers use on Craig's list. I will never trust someone who sends or receives money orders for payment. Checks also give record of transaction and show exactly who is receiving the money, but harder to get your money back if the seller is a scammer. Makes it easier to press charges if they didn't use a fake identity to take the check. With paypal always withhold shipment until payment is cleared and ship with a tracking number.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts