Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've seen stories of guys that fell and got hurt, or fell and got lucky. Plus, every hunting magazine has at least one article about someone who fell without a safety harness.

But who has fallen out of their stand WHILE WEARING THEIR HARNESS?
How did the vest perform? How did you get down without passing out? Did it hurt? What would you do different next time in the stand?

Just curious...

·
Banned
2,779 Posts
ʇʎdıɔɐ11ʎ ı ʇɥıuʞ ʎon ǝup nd 1ıʞǝ ɥʇıs.

·
Registered
1,794 Posts
I've seen stories of guys that fell and got hurt, or fell and got lucky. Plus, every hunting magazine has at least one article about someone who fell without a safety harness.

But who has fallen out of their stand WHILE WEARING THEIR HARNESS?
How did the vest perform? How did you get down without passing out? Did it hurt? What would you do different next time in the stand?

Just curious...
Check out the safety harness tests on video at Bowsite. He tests quite a few popular harnesses and actually hangs in them and rates them all from comfort while in the stand, to comfort while hanging.....Good stuff.

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I've seen the guy on Bowsite testing.

I'm asking who has actually had a REAL fall out of their stand.

·
Registered
1,794 Posts
I've seen the guy on Bowsite testing.

I'm asking who has actually had a REAL fall out of their stand.
Um. I thought thats what I was giving you. A guy who has fallen out of his stand at least 8 times and documented on video and on paper how each harness preformed.....:confused:

·
Hoyt Nation Life Member
15,077 Posts

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I feel while hanging a hang on stand. I was wearing a HSS Treestalker at the time. http://www.huntersafetysystem.com/assets/survivors/large/19.jpg
Thanks for sharing!
My reason for asking is because I just don't see any articles of people who recently fell and were saved. One would think with the millions of vests sold we would be hearing ht praises more. Heck, people write on hear about the silliest things, some non-archery related, why not tell us you LIVED! ;)

Maybe we are just safer in the tree while wearing our vest? Is it possible the vest reminds us to be careful and therefore we ARE?
Or are we just not seeing the news of all the lives saved by saftey vests/harnesses?
Just posing a question for discussion, that's all.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts