Archery Talk Forum banner

Safety Harness Info - Great Product!

889 views 11 replies 11 participants last post by  full moon 
#1 ·
I think there is alot of interest in the new Loggy Bayou Transformer safety harness - but not alot of info on it.

Well.....

picked one up at Cabela's yesterday.....

I FREAKING LOVE THIS THING!!!!!!!!!!

Some of the guys told me to get the Hunter Safety System vest... I knew better... I've seen the Bowsite test..... NO thanks!

The Loggy harness is pretty close to perfection... I had it on and secure in 10 seconds - first time out of the box.

I will post pics of it when I can... but it is freaking awesome - I HIGHLY recomend it.

It has the built in bino harness so it alleviates having to put one over your regular harness and getting all tangled up....

The leg straps are padded and are a cam action buckle - like those pull through ratchet straps - crazy fast to put on! I can not foresee it getting tangled up either - which means there is no confusion putting it on in the dark. All straps are thickly padded and it retains it's form...

It even has the side D-loops for the lineman's belt for climbing and descending....

Folks - trust me....this is the real deal, and it comes in about 25 bucks cheaper than the HSS - and won't squish the berries...:pukey:

It is 100 percent as functional as it is cool.

I have alot of years in emergency services and have extensive training in high angle rope rescue. Those harnesses are stout, secure harnesses - they have to be!

My first thought when I put this on was immediate flashbacks to feeling snug in a rappelling harness going over the edge of the rope tower.....

I even grabbed the tree attachment strap and yanked up over my head - hard.... :blink:

The boys survived! :wink:

I am 110 percent happy with this purchase.

See less See more
#2 ·
Sounds like a great product.

I will have to check it out soon.........Thank`s for the info.:)

#3 ·
I'm planning on buying a climber in the next week or so and I'm not too overly keen on the whole "heights" thing so I might just have to try that harness out for some extra security. Thanks fo the review.

#4 ·
I got one for this season and I do think it is the best one on the market. Compared to HSS it is so much lighter. You don't even know you have it on. Check it out if your in the market for a new harness.

#7 ·
I used mine all of last year and have no doubt that it is the best harness out there. Easy to get on in the dark, no tangles. Secure, straps are out of the way. Has lineman's harness, and can use with a climber or a fixed position. Lightweight. My only reservation is that it could be a bit bigger in size. I'm 6'4" and 230# and when it gets cold and I layer clothing, the straps get a little tight. But that is the ONLY thing I have found wrong with it.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.