Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1,718 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can anyone tell me if there is a safety harness out there, that is better than the HSS?
I always like the HSS (even though I've never used one personally), because it is reversible to blaze orange, and I can use it while bowhunting during gun season, and not have to worry about having to put ANOTHER layer on, meaning I can have the safety harness and safety orange, all in one.
Anyhow, is there a safety harness system out there, that is better than the HSS?
I've seen so many now, and can't keep up with the market.
Is there another brand that is also reversible to blaze orange, or is HSS the only one that has this feature?
Is there possibly another harness out there, that is NOT reversible to safety orange, but yet it's so good, it's STILL worth buying over the HSS???
Would appreciate it if someone who has experience with many different brands, could help me decide on what to buy.
I would love something that is not too bulky, but does such a system exist??
LOL!
Thanks so much guys..

·
Registered
23,628 Posts
From a functual and comfort end - the Loggy Bayou Transformer harness is top dog.

I have one and love it. I also recently aquired a Pro Series HSS, and while it is very nice - the crotch straps worry me. But not as mucg as they worried "the boys"........

·
Registered
559 Posts
I read a review last year that said the HSS pinched the family jewels mercilessly. I have a Summit SOP, and love it.

·
Registered
1,253 Posts
I like my SOP hands down... I've heard great things about the loggy bayou harness though.

·
Registered
333 Posts
I like SOP better as well. I actally spent the money and bought both the HSS and the SOP. Maybe I shouldn't have but I tried a little test and just hung about 6 feet from the ground in each harness and the HSS does infact squeeze the walnuts so much it is hard to concentrate getting out of your predicament. Now as for the Bowsite Review, I take that review with a grain of salt becasue Summit is a sponser on the website....conflict of interest. Although they are right,

·
Registered
1,718 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks guys, I was wondering how many of these type harness actually put the family jewels at risk.
Also, can ANYONE tell me WHERE I can see a good picture of the Loggy Bayou harness?
I can't seem to find a pic anywhere...

·
Registered
559 Posts
Regardless of whether Summit is a sponsor at bowsite... Pat's discomfort sure looked real to me in the video!

:darkbeer:

·
Registered
333 Posts
TexasAggie....you can fake anything on video. I am just saying I am leary of reviews where a sponsor is being reviewed.

·
Registered
4,165 Posts
Summit SOTP SUPREME!

I use one and like it alot. Best purchase i made last year bar none.

·
Registered
567 Posts
I am very pleased with my Fallguy. Easy to use, has a detachable vest for washing, and the re-tractor is awesome. I also think you can get a reversible vest with it also. I took a jump from about 6 ft. to see how well it worked, and the re-tractor strap caught very quickly, and didn't stop me and the wife from conceiving our 2nd. child. You can leave the re-tractor up in the tree if you wish, and pull it down when you are ready to climb. I like this harness very much. Tony

1 - 15 of 15 Posts