Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,167 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Please all be safe this year! Wear a harness. Make sure of your target. Wear the right clothe's. As an EMT in the northwood's I have picked up bowhunter's alive and DEAD! My main concern is safety harnesses. Please all wear one. You will never get the buck of a lifetime if your lifetime is cut short! Please do it for all that care for you. There is NOOOO! excuse for not wearing one. Also make sure your stand's are safe. Replace broken board's or one's that are weak. Please you owe it to your family and the one's that love you. There is NO wildlife that is worth your life!
Shawn F.

·
Registered
1,208 Posts
spatan

YES....... come now guys lets not be falling out our tree stands this season. its just not nice cleaning up.:cry:

if we were ment to hunt 10 feet off the ground we would have been designed with 2 pairs of hands.:wink:

" Stay strong, Shoot straight "

Spatan:cocktail:

·
Registered
2,866 Posts
During one of my physical therapy sessions for a herniate disk, the therapist asked about safety in bowhunting. When I told him one of the biggest dangers is falling out of treestands, he laughed (then apologized for laughing) because he sees all those guys after they fall out, and none of them ever seems to wear the harness, he said.

So come on folks, if you won't do it to save your life, or for your wife (or husband) and kids to still have you around, then do it for the image of the sport! There is one educated non-hunter (not anti-hunter) who has every indication that we are just too dumb or stubbord to protect ourselves from the obvious. :embara:

·
Registered
8,134 Posts
I see guys drop a 1K on a bow and then skimp on a good harness.

A quality harness is cheaper than just one trip to the ER. Think about it.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts