Registered
3,487 Posts
thank i was going to buy that i guest i keep my sop harness

·
Registered
9,795 Posts
Hmmm....

Interesting.....

Never looked that close, but the SOP has two seperate leg straps/loops that your legs go into. The HSS has 2 into 1 (basically a Y setup). In the video, it also looks like the SOP grabs your legs more out toward the middle of your thighs and the HSS grabs you right in your crotch area.

I need to watch the vids a couple more times and look at the differences and think about it, but it might be something to consider. I REALLY love my HSS Pro vest, but I don't want something that's gonna incapicitate me out when I fall outta a tree.

I hope everyone noticed, and I HOPE it doesn't matter, but that sight is sponsored by SOP/Summitt. Just something I wanted to point out.

-ZA206

·
Registered
2,680 Posts
I think he may have had the leg straps on too tight.
Mine never looks like that when I put it on.
I have never jumped out of a tree with it on though.

·
Registered
6,854 Posts
I had planned on buying the HSS and still do. Like mentioned above, the video is probably biased. If I have it set up correctly (tie off at shoulder height on tree) I should be able to pull myself up using my climber. You can do some damage to the wedding tackle with just about any harness if you don't have it on correctly.

·
Registered
36,982 Posts
With all that said I still would rather have the HSS around me. :thumbs_up

·
Registered
174 Posts
the more I look at the gorrila the more it looks the best.

I'm figuring they all have similar effect on back.

So I started to look at linemans set up and they are more like gorrilla and SOP.

Heck for the money of an SOP or HSH you can get a linemans harness and you know it's built for hanging.

·
Registered
447 Posts
Thanks!

I was planning on getting the HSS after seeing that I believe I will get Seat of the pants

·
Registered
2,832 Posts
My idea was to get a SOP this season.
The harness that came with my summit is adequate but
hard to set up and untangle.

I hope I am making a good choice.
This article helps me on that decision quite a bit.

·
Registered
170 Posts
I was trying to decide on a better harness I was looking at the two tested.I am not convinced but, I am leaning.
Thank you for the post 5 Shot.

·
Registered
11,651 Posts
Good report But I go with the HSS Vest System

I wrote Pat and I will summarize here

If a hunter only failed to use a SOP 1% of the time assuming two trips a day up the tree, there would be great risk for harm and injury than a bowhunter that used the HSS VEST style harness 100% of the time.

At 1-2%- thats once in 50 days hunting he would not use the SOP one full Day

We hunted a lot last year maybe 100 125 days each and we saw many hunters who did not use any belt or harness. We saw some who hunted with the old Game Tracker Harness system fasten it incorrectly and eventually they quit using them altogether.

We have purchased the new HSS Mesh style for Warm Hot weather bowhunting BTW

There was a fellow in Jackson Miss written up in the Jackson MS Paper(Clarion?) that fell 4 times in Oct and after the 4th trip to ER announced ed he was getting a harness!

In Miss opening Day 2004, two bowhunters died from tree stand falls, A 16 YO kid and 35 YO Father of 3 or 4 who was a WAL*MART Manager( who sold the GT Harness system)

Knowing human nature as I do, I feel with all my heart that even the best hunters and the most aggressive ones. will sometimes "forget" the harness in haste to get into the tree.

Dennis Ballard, long time buddy developed the SOP and it a class ACT but with the Vest you have a higher, if not 100% Chance the hunter will use the vest and maybe 1% of the time forget to put on a harness

Around here is more like 50% deer hunters and 20% bowhunters will not use a harness or belt.
My two cents worth just that

Tink

·
Registered
11,651 Posts
Fall Guy

Yes w e sell Fall guys in our Shop $55.00 each we have a set we plan to sue with our HSS You will not fall very far I assure you

We demoed them at the NBEP Course last weekend Guys thought it was hot

Bullet & fool proof

Tink

·
Trophy Nanny Hunter
2,448 Posts
Africanbowhunter said:
Yes w e sell Fall guys in our Shop $55.00 each we have a set we plan to sue with our HSS You will not fall very far I assure you

We demoed them at the NBEP Course last weekend Guys thought it was hot

Bullet & fool proof

Tink
Thanks Tink, I think I'll be getting one of these!

1 - 20 of 29 Posts