Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
1,355 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Salvation is only a step away.
As we stand at the door way of Jesus there is but one step forward we need to make. To give him our heart completely with out hesitation or reservation. To accept his will for us with out question or judgment. To call on him for salvation of our wretched souls.

Simple put Give your heart to Jesus, question him not, and call on him always, with out doubt he will answer but not always as we want.

Trust in Jesus

Blessing s to you all
Brother Jim

·
Registered
1,328 Posts
I spent most of my life walking down that broad road to nowhere and Jesus was always tapping me on the shoulder and asking me to come to Him. I guess I kept saying "leave me alone" life is great. Those were the days when I was the proverbial 18 inches from hell. In my brain I knew Jesus existed, but in my heart (about 18 inches from my brain), I had not really known Jesus. Well, one day God in His infinite wisdom appled the proverbial 2x4 to my head and drove me to my knees where I should have been for years.

The Peace that surpasses all understanding is almost too good to be true, but it is true. No matter what the world throws at us, we have His peace.

Just know that there are always those who will hate you because of your love for Jesus. A few years ago, I would not have believed that, but have come to see that first hand, even here. No matter, I pray for them and especially for the children they bear and raise without the hope of even a chance to know Jesus. It is therefore up to us to fulfill his Great Commission and to pray for those who would lead even innocent chidren to damnation out of a hatred of the truth of God's promise.

You had a taste of this when you posted the joy of your baptism. I applaud your continuing joy and pray that those who are misled by Satan will not steal your joy.

·
Registered
7,100 Posts
you got SOOO close to the Religious forum that its scary... but you just couldn't get it there.

If I wanted to be preached at I would turn on sunday morning TV.

·
Registered
1,355 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Dredly said:
you got SOOO close to the Religious forum that its scary... but you just couldn't get it there.

If I wanted to be preached at I would turn on sunday morning TV.
I am beginnig to think you like me :)

·
Registered
1,355 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
zydeco said:
I spent most of my life walking down that broad road to nowhere and Jesus was always tapping me on the shoulder and asking me to come to Him. I guess I kept saying "leave me alone" life is great. Those were the days when I was the proverbial 18 inches from hell. In my brain I knew Jesus existed, but in my heart (about 18 inches from my brain), I had not really known Jesus. Well, one day God in His infinite wisdom appled the proverbial 2x4 to my head and drove me to my knees where I should have been for years.

The Peace that surpasses all understanding is almost too good to be true, but it is true. No matter what the world throws at us, we have His peace.

Just know that there are always those who will hate you because of your love for Jesus. A few years ago, I would not have believed that, but have come to see that first hand, even here. No matter, I pray for them and especially for the children they bear and raise without the hope of even a chance to know Jesus. It is therefore up to us to fulfill his Great Commission and to pray for those who would lead even innocent chidren to damnation out of a hatred of the truth of God's promise.

You had a taste of this when you posted the joy of your baptism. I applaud your continuing joy and pray that those who are misled by Satan will not steal your joy.
John 15:20 Remember the world that I said to you, A sevant is not greater than his master, If the persecute Me, they will also persecute you. If they kept My word, they will keep yours also.

·
Registered
7,100 Posts
jimineecricket said:
I am beginnig to think you like me :)
Never said I didn't, just hate being preached to, especially on an internet forum for archery. There are lots or religious forums out there. Check out those if you want to spread the word of your lord. no need to try converting people on here

·
Registered
1,355 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Dredly said:
Never said I didn't, just hate being preached to, especially on an internet forum for archery. There are lots or religious forums out there. Check out those if you want to spread the word of your lord. no need to try converting people on here
I am not trying to convert anyone just sharing a bit of my life.

·
Registered
1,328 Posts
Dredly said:
The title of the thread is fairly indicative of the topic. Can you identify the person who held a 12 gauage to your head and made you read and post here - I think we should report that person to the mods? Otherwise I can't understand how this is preaching to you, since no one is forcing you to read and post. Just like the tv, there is basically an on and off switch.

Intresting aspect of freedom of speech isn't it? I wonder if it were on the religious forum (which is where it sholuld be), would you simple ingore it or still comment in a negative way?

It is also intresting that many who post from a left view seldom if ever post anthing about archery - present company excepted. Just don't see them getting the same treatement when they post something not about archery.

·
Registered
5,268 Posts
zydeco said:

Sounds like the way my life is at times brother. I know he's there, and that's reassuring.

·
Registered
911 Posts
jimineecricket- I find your enthusiasm refreshing, thanks for sharing.:)

·
Banned
7,817 Posts
Jim, regardless of my personal opinion of the subject of your threads, you should definitely post them where they belong.

If you don't, they'll just be deleted or moved there anyways....

·
Banned
7,817 Posts
In case the big man in the sky blinded ya with his glory, here is the title of the Campfire...

The Campfire
A place to discuss general, non-archery topics and current news events. No political, religious or military topics please.

That's pretty obvious. :)

·
Registered
1,355 Posts
Discussion Starter #13 (Edited)
Seth the XSlayr said:
In case the big man in the sky blinded ya with his glory, here is the title of the Campfire...

The Campfire
A place to discuss general, non-archery topics and current news events. No political, religious or military topics please.

Well apparently it was not that obvious I thought i did it right this time. Funny how we are so quick to judge.

·
Banned
7,817 Posts
Hey, I forgive you. :)

I'm happy for you... It is obviously a very important moment in your life, as it should be.

It is very easy to get lumped in with folks who come here specifically to do things such as
A.) Preach relentlessly (does not bother me, but once you witness it you will understand)
B.) Attack a group's belief system, whether political or religious.

·
Registered
222 Posts
Seth the XSlayr said:

The Campfire

You have really got a gift with words and getting your point across.:wink:

·
Registered
2,200 Posts
my wife got great news tonight....a little background,her brother and his wife have split up and we have been praying for restoration for the marriage.......well tonight she talked to her brother and he is going to go to church and is determined to give his life to the lord.....he wants to go to councling like his wife wanted and they are pulling their marriage back together!.......GOD does answer prayer and God is good all the time.....

·
Registered
1,355 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
full moon said:
my wife got great news tonight....a little background,her brother and his wife have split up and we have been praying for restoration for the marriage.......well tonight she talked to her brother and he is going to go to church and is determined to give his life to the lord.....he wants to go to councling like his wife wanted and they are pulling their marriage back together!.......GOD does answer prayer and God is good all the time.....
Now thats what I am talking about! Priase God and if you need anything feel free to call on me friend. Nothing greater than a happy family! Thanks for the post :)

1 - 17 of 17 Posts