Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
258 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We have a heated debate going on and can't come to a conclusion on whether or not this is the same buck from last year or not, and whether or not the buck or bucks are shooter worthy yet.
http://www.team-radical.com/blog/2013/09/same-buck

Check out the link above to see all the pictures!! Thanks for the help!

Attachments

·
Registered
13,419 Posts

·
Registered
367 Posts
Hard to tell from theses pictures,, My first instinct was they where different Bucks. Do you have any other angles??

·
Registered
3,528 Posts
Same deer. The kicker ont the left G2 and the position of the brow tines give him away. He put on a good amount of width this year and it's making an optical illusion of his tines being shorter, but they aren't (with the exception of his right side G-4). His body looks smaller in this years pic but he is further from the camera and the picture was taken more than a month before the picture from last year.

·
Registered
13,419 Posts
Same deer. The kicker ont the left G2 and the position of the brow tines give him away. He put on a good amount of width this year and it's making an optical illusion of his tines being shorter, but they aren't (with the exception of his right side G-4). His body looks smaller in this years pic but he is further from the camera and the picture was taken more than a month before the picture from last year.
exactly

·
Registered
276 Posts
Of say its the same deer. As for it being a shooter? In my book, I wouldn't shoot him no quicker than I could get my bow drawn back and an arrow through his lungs

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

·
Registered
890 Posts
Too dark to tell. Adjust the exposure so we can see the deer on the right.

·
Registered
874 Posts
Hard to tell from theses pictures,, My first instinct was they where different Bucks. Do you have any other angles??
I agree. I like to look at the overall shape of the rack. Tines curled in, G3's longer than G2's etc... hard to tell from these two pics.

·
Born yank raised south
16,516 Posts
The bodies are the same size a year apart which indicates to me it is two different deer. The antlers have too many different traits as well. Need closer pics of the deer from this year to be 100 percent sure but working with what you have given I say they are different deer.

·
Trust In Jesus!!!
1,441 Posts
Same... he has same kickers like mentioned above... just bc hes older dont mean hes going to be bigger... also like above he may appear to have different length of tines but is just an allusion. .

1 - 20 of 25 Posts