Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
can samick journey riser use samick sage limb? or other limb compatible with journey, something in 20#, wife like to try out but 30# seem heavy for her.

·
Registered
167 Posts
actually the sage and the journey are the same riser, the journey limbs are 2" longer than the sage limbs so to answer your question yes. but you will end up with a 62" bow using sage limbs. a 64" bow using journey limbs. rich pyle

·
Registered
562 Posts
can samick journey riser use samick sage limb? or other limb compatible with journey, something in 20#, wife like to try out but 30# seem heavy for her.
s. According to the Lancaster Archery Supply website, the Journey riser can only be used with Journey limbs. http://www.lancasterarchery.com/samick-journey-64-riser-only.html Since the Journey and Sage risers are essentially the same design, I'd recommend just getting a complete Sage bow, which goes down to 25#, or you can outfit a Sage riser with Polaris limbs to get even lower poundage. LT

·
Registered
562 Posts
s, I would contact Lancaster Archery (LAS) to make sure the Journey riser can accept the Polaris limbs. I suspect not, because LAS was specific in saying that the Journey riser can only accept Journey limbs. So I suspect there may be some subtle difference between the Journey and Sage risers. Check with LAS ... they will know for sure. LT

·
Civil but Disobedient
7,249 Posts
Actually, this question comes up a lot. I am sure Lancaster has addressed it many times.

There are folks here that have tried various permutations of these risers and limbs. Maybe one will post.

·
Registered
164 Posts
I have a sage and a journey, both bought as complete bows, I can see no difference in the risers and I have swapped limbs between the two with no problems.

·
Registered
1,573 Posts
The Sage and Journey are interchangeable I had also had a set of 30# Journey limbs on a Polaris riser (68" bow) they fit as well. I do not believe the Polaris riser is meant for higher poundage limbs so I would not do that.

·
Registered
1,247 Posts
They are the same riser. Exactly.

We spoke to lancaster about this when there was a Sage supply issue and they told us straight up.

·
Registered
164 Posts
Polaris riser is different (lighter duty) but limbs will interchange on all 3, just don't try limbs heavier than about 40# on a Polaris riser.

·
Registered
10,858 Posts
Polaris is different and only good to about 40#, the Sage and Journey are identical with the exception of limb length. I've had every limb on every riser. The under 62" risers and limbs are not compatible though.

-Grant

1 - 13 of 13 Posts