Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,508 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm ordering a Samick Little Fox 48" for my son who will be turning 7 in a couple of weeks for Christmas. Any ballpark ideas on arrows for him? I'll prob order the 10# limbs and no higher than 15#. He currently shoots the Bear 1st Shot which is 8-12#. As most of you know, most of the arrows for kids come with plastic vanes which will not do! I'll be refletching with good feathers and some helical.

Thoughts??????????

·
Registered
644 Posts
I'm ordering a Samick Little Fox 48" for my son who will be turning 7 in a couple of weeks for Christmas. Any ballpark ideas on arrows for him? I'll prob order the 10# limbs and no higher than 15#. He currently shoots the Bear 1st Shot which is 8-12#. As most of you know, most of the arrows for kids come with plastic vanes which will not do! I'll be refletching with good feathers and some helical.

Thoughts??????????
I just got the same bow for my 5yr old. I went with the 15lb @24" limbs, but he only draws 16", so we'll see. It's a really cute little bow. For arrows I got Easton Tribute 1214's. Also incredibly adorable little arrows. The tiny diameter show help the arrows stick in the target being shot from such low poundage. Plus the flame graphics are really going to sell it for a 5yr old boy. I bought bare shafts and components to build them up myself with feather fletching. I already know the kids are going ot want to shoot feathers like dad's arrows.

But- the CI Super Clubs get a lot of good mention, and I considered, but they only come complete with vanes, which I would have to strip and refletch anyway. $$ add up, so it $3/each Easton shafts won out this time. I still may try the Super Clubs another time though. The are probably the only "real" carbon kids arrow I know of. Everything else are those crappy, super heavy, barely able to lob them into a 10yrd target, fiberglass jobs.

BM

1 - 3 of 3 Posts