Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been searching high and low for a sage. I was originally going to buy myself a Christmas present, but Lancaster Archery's site kept saying they were backordered. So I called earlier this month and they assured me it would be in on the 10th. Well that became the 15th, then the 20th, 22th, 25th and so on. After talking to someone who actually gave me useful information, they let me know that there were over 900 orders for just the 40# limbs, some stretching back before Christmas and had no idea when they would all come in. So after scouring the internet and making numerous phone calls, all telling me the same thing, some saying 4 months backordered, I found vision outfitters.
These guys have a web site, or you can order from their ebay store and it's a dollar cheaper than LAS to boot! I ordered my bow on Sunday and it arrived Wednesday, haven't had a chance to officially shoot it yet, so I hope the many positive reviews don't let me down.
I hope this helps at least one weary Sage seeker.

·
Registered
28 Posts
oh god.. I just put my order through on LAS because the rep told me it would be in by the end of March.... Do I trust people to e Come on Samick! they are out of stock everywhere what's the deal?
I just checked out your recommendation they dont ship into canada.. wonderful!
Now I wonder if I'll ever get my stuff!

·
Registered
52 Posts
I've been searching high and low for a sage. I was originally going to buy myself a Christmas present, but Lancaster Archery's site kept saying they were backordered. So I called earlier this month and they assured me it would be in on the 10th. Well that became the 15th, then the 20th, 22th, 25th and so on. After talking to someone who actually gave me useful information, they let me know that there were over 900 orders for just the 40# limbs, some stretching back before Christmas and had no idea when they would all come in. So after scouring the internet and making numerous phone calls, all telling me the same thing, some saying 4 months backordered, I found vision outfitters.
These guys have a web site, or you can order from their ebay store and it's a dollar cheaper than LAS to boot! I ordered my bow on Sunday and it arrived Wednesday, haven't had a chance to officially shoot it yet, so I hope the many positive reviews don't let me down.
I hope this helps at least one weary Sage seeker.
I just ordered another bow, a Polaris,from Vision Outfitters two days ago and it arrived in the mail today! "Free shipping!"

·
Registered
52 Posts
oh god.. I just put my order through on LAS because the rep told me it would be in by the end of March.... Do I trust people to e Come on Samick! they are out of stock everywhere what's the deal?
I just checked out your recommendation they dont ship into canada.. wonderful!
Now I wonder if I'll ever get my stuff!
I'm sure that me, or another trusted forum member, could ship it to you if you had it drop shipped to them. Just pay the extra shipping and any required fees.

·
Registered
28 Posts
I'm sure that me, or another trusted forum member, could ship it to you if you had it drop shipped to them. Just pay the extra shipping and any required fees.
Thanks so much for the offer! I think crossing the border might be an issue with duties and customs and there might be extra fees since we are shipping a weapon person to person.
If the bow doesn't restock I'll look for a new one or visit one of the shops here.
Thanks for the offer I'll keep it in mind for the future I really appreciate the friendliness!

·
Registered
28 Posts
Lancaster Archery's site kept saying they were backordered. So I called earlier this month and they assured me it would be in on the 10th. Well that became the 15th, then the 20th, 22th, 25th and so on. After talking to someone who actually gave me useful information, they let me know that there were over 900 orders for just the 40# limbs, some stretching back before Christmas and had no idea when they would all come in.
Do you think the date keeps being pushed back because as the order arrives it gets filled by the 900orders? It would make sense that they couldn't order 1000 bows from samick.. I guess. I'm just wondering why they don't give us any further information. And all other samick bows are back ordered too.. Maybe it's a samick issue?

·
Registered
88 Posts
Montreal, did you ever get your bow? How about you Walkingdreamer? I am getting a Journey, the local guy has a passle of them. I wish you luck.

Eugene
Noel, Nova Scotia

·
Registered
28 Posts
Hey Eugene, in the end the date was pushed so far back I ended up with a Sebastian Flute Premium set from Alternativess in the UK. Costed me a bit more but I realized that was what I needed in the end. Eventually I'll pick up the Sage later down the road.
Good luck and happy shooting!

·
Registered
417 Posts
For future Samick Seekers, also Check out TwigArchery.com They are a little trad shop in Ohio that specializes in their custom arrows and Samick bows. Specifically, they carry the Samick Sage, Samick Polaris, Samick Little Fox, and Samick Verna. They are great people to deal with, and they are very helpful when it comes to newbies picking out a bow and gear. I got my stuff from them and was so pleased I will bring my business back to them whenever possible.

Little trivia fact-Twig Archery is the shop that set up the cast of Robin Hood Men in Tights(Mel Brooks) with their arrows.

·
Registered
15 Posts
A while back my friend ordered a riser and Samick Polaris limbs. It took forever for the limbs to arrive. 3 Rivers Archery is always a good place to check.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts