Archery Talk Forum banner

Samick Ultra Agula vs Samick Masters

5957 Views 9 Replies 8 Participants Last post by  VinZ
Anybody know the different between Samick Ultra Agula vs Samick Masters risers?

Some topic at this forum talk like - Samick Ultra Agula for ladies and Samick Masters for men.

But two Korean national team men's shoot with Samick Ultra Agula!

As well one woman shoot Samick Masters!

So, how can tell one from the other? :confused:
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

· Registered
3,200 Posts
well....they LOOK different....both are excellent risers and are used by many elite archers not only in korea but in many parts of asia and europe....

· Registered
162 Posts
i havnt shot a masters yet, but i own an ultra and its sweet, its fairly heavy(well im used to fiberbow duh) and the finish is very very good, dont let the pictures betray you.

in functionality both risers got the same settings. so its just about looks and feel

· Registered
435 Posts
The Athlete is a "lesser" model than the Ultra. I inquired with Samick personally about the Ultra and why they weren't making it when so many Olympic archers shoot it - it took more medals than any other single riser model in Beijing.

Their response was that manufacturing costs were so high on the Ultra that they couldn't make enough profit on them. There is a new riser coming out soon that is the replacement for the Ultra.

I just bought a new bow last month and chose the Ultra, even though it is out of production. It has a very solid history, is simple and I prefer it's looks over the Masters - but that's personal preference. You can find it from some online stores and I believe Samick has some stock that they will distribute to resellers but it is not listed on their website.

K1-archery, Altservices and an Australian site still sells them.

The Ultra was used to win at least 9 of 24 medals in Beijing.... Combined with the Masters, Samick took over half of the medals in Beijing.
Women Team Gold - 2 (3rd was a Masters)
Women Team Silver - 3
Men Team Gold - 1 (1 other was a Masters)
Individual Silver men
Individual Gold women
Individual Silver women

· Registered
3,200 Posts
this is sure to become a collector's item....better get one while you can....assuming you like to shoot them..

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.