Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,964 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Help jog my memory. A couple of years ago Samick sold a copy of the old Wing Presentation II in a hunting bow. What was it called? Does anyone know if the Samick limbs fit on a P II ? I have a nice P II with 68" target limbs, but would like to get some hunting limbs. (62"-64") I think it might be easier to find the copies than a set of the originals. Thanks

·
Registered
148 Posts
st8arrow,
The Samick "wing" was the TKB. I don't think they make it anymore though. I've got one and the original P2 limbs will fit the riser. I just picked up a set of 60# and 45# original wing limbs and they both work on my Samick riser. The old Carrol Lewis and Gentelman Jim limbs will also fit the P2 riser.

I've got a set of 60# Samick "p2" limbs I'll sell if you are interested. I've been told that Keith Chastain of Wapiti bow is setup to make P2 limbs and can custom make set although I never checked into it.

Mike

·
Registered
1,964 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Mike,

Thanks, that's just what I needed to know.

If the extra set were around 41-46# I'd want them. I'm afraid my old shoulder couldn't handle 60#.

If there is anyone else out there that has a lighter set they want to get rid of, let me know.

Thanks again

·
Registered
148 Posts
Yeah that's too much weight for me too.

Something to remember is that if you have a long P2 riser then the 64" limbs will actually pull about 8# less. My Original Wing limbs marked [email protected] and 68" long scale 53# on my short riser. My samick limbs marked [email protected] and 64" long pull in the low 50#'s on a long riser.

A set of limbs marked around 50#'s for a 64" bow would put you in the low 40#'s on a long riser.

I've been looking for some for three years and just found them a couple of weeks ago.

·
C:\My Documents\My Pictur
23,094 Posts
st8arrow,
The Samick "wing" was the TKB. I don't think they make it anymore though. I've got one and the original P2 limbs will fit the riser. I just picked up a set of 60# and 45# original wing limbs and they both work on my Samick riser. The old Carrol Lewis and Gentelman Jim limbs will also fit the P2 riser.

I've got a set of 60# Samick "p2" limbs I'll sell if you are interested. I've been told that Keith Chastain of Wapiti bow is setup to make P2 limbs and can custom make set although I never checked into it.

Mike
--------------------
Hello Mike ans All
Can you guys answer my question here. i have a lower black p2 limb that says 62 inch at 55# What dose AMF mean. I also have a riser that i take to be metal, with the botton of the riser being shorter.from the bow grip down than from bow grip up. [ Later

·
Registered
265 Posts
UnK When Bob Lee sold Wing Archery I think Head Ski Corp. bought them and later AMF bought out Head or just the opposite but it is the A.M.F. Corp. that made the limbs.Kip

·
23,094 Posts
UnK When Bob Lee sold Wing Archery I think Head Ski Corp. bought them and later AMF bought out Head or just the opposite but it is the A.M.F. Corp. that made the limbs.Kip
---------------------------
Thanks for the info.
Sure wish there was a book on all the combinations, one can have. By useing different risers ,with differen
limb lenths. Again thanks

·
23,094 Posts
st8arrow,

Mike
------
Hello Mike
Would Keith Chastain of Wapiti have a web site or would you know a phone number. Like to get a light set of limbs.[Thanks

·
23,094 Posts
Unk,
I think this is the website for Chastain - www.worldclassbows.com
Hello and thanks.
He still has the form.And some real heavy ones on hand.But he went on to say he is so coved up with his bows.That he dosen't have time to make them.He went on to say try Ebay :wink:

Again thanks
Later
Friend Unk

·
23,094 Posts
Hello All
Iam looking for a light set of limbs for my P2. Say 24 to 30 lbs .Its age guys :) Well if you here of a set do let me know. [ Thanks Later

·
23,094 Posts
Hello
Sill looking.:smile:

·
23,094 Posts
Bump t t t :)

1 - 14 of 14 Posts