Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am getting away from the hi-tech and very intrested in traditional archery but need help. I am looking for a good star ter bow recurve or possibly a long bow. But I am not ready to shell out the money for a custom when I'm not really sure what I like. I'm looking for feedback on the sammick,aim product line(Durability shootabilty workmanship how it looks etc).I really like the looks of the Viper deluxe thanks

·
Registered
2,462 Posts
I can tell you that my first hunting recurve bow was a Samick Hunter 58" @ 45#, 13 years ago! It was solid and good craftmanship. Limbs where straight and tiller set right. My first deer was shoot with it.

The newer one seem to be a bit better in term of quality. I also used Samick carbon limbs on my PSE Intrepid at the last word FITA championship in China 2001. I had the pleasure of meeting their engineers there. Very good people with a lot of knowledge.

I think you can't go wrong with this bow to start with! May be you sill stick with them for life who know ;)

Good luck!

·
Registered
2,034 Posts
I've got a like new Sky Trophy longbow for sale. 66" long, 55#@28", new string and lower limb tip protector. $150. See my photo page in the signature for pics of it.

Welcome to the fun side of archery!

·
Registered
1,264 Posts
The Viper longbow represents excellent value for the money. It makes a great starter bow for someone just dipping their toes in traditional archery. Be aware however that they are typically about 2-3 pounds lighter in draw weight than their marked weight. They also come with a super heavy dacron string. Replace the string with fast-flite type (they are fast-flite compatible) and performance leaps.

·
Lowered expectations
15,569 Posts
Samick/AIM products are a perfect example of "you get what you pay for".

Good starter bows for people on a budget, but don't expect great quality.

The VERY top-of-the-line Samick Olympic style bows are, however, pretty good.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts