Archery Talk Forum banner

sammick limbs on Inno riser

669 Views 2 Replies 2 Participants Last post by  deholley1
Just purchased new sammick extreme BF med limbs to put on a Inno carbon 25" riser. When I connected the limbs to the post. I tightened down as for as possible and there is still about a 16th of an inch play remaining. Has anyone else had a problem attaching sammick limbs to an Inno carbon Riser and if so what can be done to make it fit properly.These are brand new limbs from Lancaster. Is there a rubber gasket that can fit under the round flange that will tighten the fit. need help. Thanks in advance for any suggestions
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
1,457 Posts
Do you mean that the bolt were tightened down to 1/16 from the base? Or that the U-shaped base of the limbs do not slide in all the way to the bolt?

The first situation would be over-tightening the limbs - there should be some play and the limb will be secure when it is strung. The instructions should tell you not to tighten beyond 1/2 turn from the bottom and 1/2 turn from the extreme "out" position, or something like that.

(My Hoyt manual says not to loosen beyond the point where the head of the bolt is beyond flush with the riser and there should be at least 6 threads engaged.) On the other extreme, if you cinch it tight, you may not be able to remove the limbs.

The ILF system is not like bolting a Black Widow or other TD where you tighten bolts all the way to hold the bow together.

Regarding the second situation, I've seen some limbs that will not go far enough in to let the "U" come in to the limb bolt or get a "click". This is often a simple problem with excessive lacquer on the base or different tolerances between manufacturers. We recently had a new limb that only needed to rub some string wax in the "U" to slide in far enough. Other have suggested white automotive grease (lithium grease?) Some have gently filed or sanded so it goes in.

· Registered
184 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
You have answered my question. The u in the limbs had to have a couple of thousanths sanded out so the limbs could fit all the way to the back of the u section and thats fiting properly now. My concern was play that was remaining after limbs were seated in the limb pockets I could still move the forward and backward a small bit They can wiggle slightly. I can see after the string is attached that the pressure of the string will take out any play. Im new to this type of bow and didnt know that some play after limbs are attached is acceptable. Thankyou for taking the time to explain this to me.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.