Archery Talk Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

· Registered
2,546 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My factory silde broke on my Guardian, Crackers and a few others recommended a Hyper slide, put it on re-paper tuned shots great, I read some post about cam lean and noitced the hyper slide pull the cables over alot farther. Is their long term issued with this.

· Patriot
5,055 Posts
Hoyt cable guide

I read somewhere on here a while back that a Hoyt Cable guide is a good replacement for the stock Guardian one. The offset is suppossed to be the same.

· Registered
4,278 Posts
I read somewhere on here a while back that a Hoyt Cable guide is a good replacement for the stock Guardian one. The offset is suppossed to be the same.
I had a Commander for a while and I used the stock Hoyt slide on it. It pulls the cables in maybe 1/64-1/32" closer to the rod. Very good quality slide. I wouldn't use a Saunders on a Guardian unless absolutely necessary (vane contact issues). There is no disputing the fact that this slide causes the cams to lean due to the excessive sideways pressure it applies. Just look up at full draw and compare for yourself.

· Registered
1,739 Posts
def caused serious cam lean on my bow. My saunders is sitting in my draw, doing nothing if anyone wants it. Put it this way. i put it on and my arrows were seriously fish tailing.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.