• other

Votes: 20 27.0%
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
585 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
which one should i get?
what has been you all's experience with either system?
i am leaning towards the Saunders because i have read on here that people are having problems with the STS. if there are other options out there i would like to hear about them.

Saunder Deadly Quiet:

STS:

·
Registered
9,509 Posts
Chl Sts

I have a CHL STS and could not be more happier, I haven't read about guys having problems with there STS:confused:

·
Registered
585 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i heard that the rubber stopper falls off

·
Registered
1,059 Posts
I have an sts and a css from Meanve here on at. I would go with the CSS from meanve. Great guy and great product!

·
Registered
3,970 Posts
Mr.**** said:
The metal rod goes quite a ways into the rubber stopper on the STS and the stopper fits on there pretty snug. Along with that the String is constantly hitting it back on. I haven't had mine come off or seen any come off. :confused:

·
Registered
8,465 Posts
Why use either? Draw length too long? You can avoid arm slap by getting the draw length correct. Bow noisy? It isn't too hard to quiet one down without one of those gadgets. Spend the money on more arrows or a better release and practice more....my advice. Neither of those things will make you a better shot-GUARANTEED!

·
Registered
4,931 Posts
XP35 said:
Why use either? Draw length too long? You can avoid arm slap by getting the draw length correct. Bow noisy? It isn't too hard to quiet one down without one of those gadgets. Spend the money on more arrows or a better release and practice more....my advice. Neither of those things will make you a better shot-GUARANTEED!
DITTO !! I have had three STS's on three different bows and ended up selling all three. Cat whiskers work great for noise. XP35 is right ~ gadgets are just that ~ gadgets. I am coming to the understanding that simpler is better.

Blessings ~

·
Registered
1,639 Posts
Meanv2

Yeah! go with the Meanv2 css if you can. You're bow needs to have a rear stabilizer hole for his product. Means string supressor is cleaner looking and he can match the camo on your bow. Looks good. If you don't have a rear stabilizer hole then go with the sts for sure. Personally, I wouldn't hang anything off my cable rod. It could cause some torque problems at best and at worse may brake off a carbon or aluminum rod. I bet Meanv2 might even dip an sts for you if you buy it from him and ask him nicely. For a fee of course.:wink: I saw Meanv2 css on a Ross the other day and it looked sweeeet!!! I'm thinking about it myself

orlybow:)

·
Registered
3,970 Posts
XP35 said:
Who said either of these will make you a better shot. :confused:

I just like how they take out the string vibration faster.

·
Registered
2,758 Posts
Mr.**** said:
not falls off, shoots off. ive had that problem, the string would get around the stopper and pull the stopper off of the rod thus hitting me in the chest. i just super glued the sob on and havent had a problem since.:wink:

·
Registered
8,465 Posts
Techy said:
Who said either of these will make you a better shot. :confused: I just like how they take out the string vibration faster.
Not being a wise-arse, but isn't that the whole point in archery? To be a better shot? Not necessarily the quietest one.:mg: Don't get me wrong, I like quiet. But I have made several of my bows, and even more belonging to friends, very quiet without something attached that changes the normal movement of the bowstring or costs unnecessary amounts of money or looks that ugly. Different strokes I guess.

·
Registered
585 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
XP35 said:
i just want an alternative to string silencers to quiet the bow. \

i think they look cool too.

·
Registered
9,398 Posts
Well, how many have tried both?

The Deadly Quiet that you pictured looks like the original one, which I bought the year they first came out. That year, Limb Savers also came out, and the Limb Savers were a much better product at taking out noise and vibe. That was my experience, and the consensus of most experimenters on various archery forums at the time. To me, the Deadly quiet made a fairly loud "Whap" when shooting, though it did tame the vibration. I remember shooting a Continental bow at the time with no catwhiskers on the string, and no Limb Savers. The bow, even in that state, was quieter without the "deadly quiet", and just a low hum after the shot. My experience with the STS has been similar, but I think the STS does not make quite as much of a whap noise, and absorbs vibration somewhat better. I tried the STS on a Darton, which had more vibration (bare bow) than many other bows I've had. I still think it was a toss up whether the STS actually made it quieter. I really think it was just a shorter, sharper sound, not really less overall noise. I noticed no difference in accuracy. IMO, the right stabilizer combo can get rid of almost all vibration anyway. I am happy with catwhiskers on my string, Limb Savers, good stabilizer setup, and no STS, but that's just me.:cool:

·
Registered
2,784 Posts
Sts

Try the STS version that meanv2 builds. I put one on my 03' extreme and it's super quite. No string leaches or cat whiskers needed.:wink:

·
Registered
11,484 Posts
moecarama said:
Try the STS version that meanv2 builds. I put one on my 03' extreme and it's super quite. No string leaches or cat whiskers needed.:wink:
THANKS!!!:)

·
Registered
29 Posts
bulldog18 said:
I have a CSS from MeanV2 on my bow and love it. You can PM him here on AT.
join the mean team I LOVE MEANV'S CSS on my bow:darkbeer:

·
Registered
1,827 Posts
XP35 said:
Not being a wise-arse, but isn't that the whole point in archery? To be a better shot? Not necessarily the quietest one.:mg: Don't get me wrong, I like quiet. But I have made several of my bows, and even more belonging to friends, very quiet without something attached that changes the normal movement of the bowstring or costs unnecessary amounts of money or looks that ugly. Different strokes I guess.
You can be just as good a shot with an STS/Saunders/Meanv2 on your bow as without? Plus it's quiter, almost zero hand shock? Your arguement really makes no sense...

·
Registered
231 Posts
I bought the Double STS. It doesnt fit the Switchback well.I tried it with only one rod and it was quite a bit louder. Didnt expect that.

Mark

·
Registered
1,785 Posts
meanv

my vote goes not listed, if your looking for a quality product and good customer service go witht the CSS by meanV2 it will quiet your bow and take the shock out and you can also pick up some speed if you wish by taking silencers off of your string

1 - 20 of 31 Posts