Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
6,066 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anybody know if they still make these? I killed my first deer with a savora head and was just curious.

·
Registered
1,474 Posts
semobow said:
Anybody know if they still make these? I killed my first deer with a savora head and was just curious.
I also killed my first deer with a Savora head in 1982, they seemed to do a satisfactory job. I guess I don't know if they still make them or not.

·
Registered
28,624 Posts
I haven't heard of them for along time.

·
Registered
449 Posts
Wow that takes me back . My dad bought me a pack of those in the early 80s when I first started bowhunting. havent seen them for years. I remember him showing me how to put them together LOL.

·
Registered
1,945 Posts
All I remember was that the aluminum ferrule didn't have a carbon tip so that if you hit bone, wood, or anything remotely hard, aluminum tip curled over like a hook. My first pack was my last pack and I've never looked back. They sure looked state-of-the-art back then, though, and flew a lot better than my Bear Razorheads.

·
Registered
6,066 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I'd like to get ahold of one to put with my other archery "stuff" that was once state of the art but is now useless.

·
Registered
388 Posts
Savoras

As far as I know Savora company does not exist anymore. I have used their Champion 125 grain 3 blade broadheads. I bought them quite cheap and I think they are/were great broadheads - very sharp out of the box. I killed one deer with them. I still have one broadhead in my collection.

Janez

·
Registered
738 Posts
I also shot my first deer with a savara head (1989 15years old). I may have a few still around I will have to look.

·
Only visiting this planet
4,216 Posts
There were a couple of packs on the clearance rack at my local pro shop for a long time. Do you want me to check for you?

·
Registered
252 Posts
im young and ive never heard of them so i guess not

1 - 12 of 12 Posts