Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
2,345 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I tried asking this question once and only got one person to reply... and hardly anyone looked at it so i changed the title to a "bash type thread" to see how many people would look at it... see how it compares to the actual hunting gear question....

here was the original question...

The other day on the hunting channel i saw a guy using a lantern to search for deer. But this lantern looked like a spot light with the beam facing sideways with a handle that ran off propane. Basically looked like a propane powered spotlight/lantern.... now i use a lantern for searching for deer but that thing looked handy... Anyone here have an idea of who make that or what that was?

·
Trollinus Maximus.
33,101 Posts
I tried asking this question once and only got one person to reply... and hardly anyone looked at it so i changed the title to a "bash type thread" to see how many people would look at it... see how it compares to the actual hunting gear question....

here was the original question...

The other day on the hunting channel i saw a guy using a lantern to search for deer. But this lantern looked like a spot light with the beam facing sideways with a handle that ran off propane. Basically looked like a propane powered spotlight/lantern.... now i use a lantern for searching for deer but that thing looked handy... Anyone here have an idea of who make that or what that was?
:noidea: but, I hope he only cut a 4" section and informedn the owner :p

·
Registered
10,204 Posts
few questions here

1)how high was the fence?

2)was it a 2-blade or 3-blade rage?

3)when he(bigfoot) cut the fence, did he do so in a manner that would enable it to be fixed or did he just wack it up?

the bottomline is this thread is useless without pics!!!!, now what were we talking about?

·
Registered
2,345 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
lol less than 20min and i already doubled the replies to the original question...

im gonna have to watch that show again on dvr so i can give some more info as to what show it was....

·
Registered
690 Posts
Did Bigfoot ask the farmer permission to cut the fence?

·
Feedn The Geese
11,997 Posts
just use a regular gas lantern, they work wonders cause they direct the light toward the ground off your eyes.

·
Registered
2,345 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
i already use a lantern... just saw that one and it looked handy.... besides have some fathers days money to blow....

·
Registered
1,553 Posts
I'll give you a serious answer...try searching Google images for propane lantern and see if you find the one you are talking about.

·
Registered
2,345 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
yeah i tried every variation of lantern, spotlight, search light, propane i could think of even searched ebay... nothin

by the way there are 4 million different types of those lights listed above

·
Registered
1,553 Posts
yeah i tried every variation of lantern, spotlight, search light, propane i could think of even searched ebay... nothin

by the way there are 4 million different types of those lights listed above
Yea, I never realized that Coleman made so many different lanterns.

·
Registered
28,624 Posts
Barb wire or woven fence?

·
Registered
533 Posts
Hunting high fenced areas, even for bigfoot is not really "sporting" ya know. :darkbeer: Bunker

·
Registered
10,204 Posts
I think we need to hear from "bigfoot" himself before we can fairly pass judgement on this situation!

(P.S. - just out of curiousity, was there a crossbow involved in this situation anywhere?, just ask'n?)

·
Registered
9,265 Posts
You sure it was Bigfoot?

:izza:

·
Registered
9,265 Posts
Some type of bull's eye lantern, perhaps.

:izza:

·
Registered
13,750 Posts
had to be a fake big foot, first off they have no pockets to carry anything to cut a fence, now they might bite one in too, just to sharpen their teeth a bit,, but the fence is really to soft to get the job done very well..
another reason it was a fake is that big foot will step on the top strand and pull down at least 20 posts on either side of the crossing point, or he will simply walk through the fence and drag it several hundred yards to clear a new jogging trail for himself... anyway you look at it, it was a fake big foot if he cut a fence

never seen that light before....

1 - 20 of 39 Posts