Archery Talk Forum banner

Saw biggest buck of my life tonight

1027 Views 6 Replies 6 Participants Last post by  Jeffress77
Ok I'm leaving my stand tonight walking down a pond dam when I look up and see this beast trotting perpendicular to myself about 100 yards away. Heres the setting: I think the deer came from across the dirt road about 200 yards behind him. The area he crossed has a house about 200 yards south of it. I HOPE we was trotting because he heard something from the house because there are little kids that play outside alot there and not because he saw me. He couldnt have smelled me with the wind. My question is at this time of year do you think its possible he hops that fence every night and walks that same path? If so Ill be sure and put my climber on the treeline he was against:confused:
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

· Registered
239 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
llllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll l l
oo <- BUCK 200 yards l l
<- \ l l road
\ l l
150 yards? 400 yards l l
\ l l
\ l l
oo HOUSE
ll
ll
ll pond dam
ll
oo me

· wannabtradguy
15,328 Posts
the first evening the wind was right I would be there waiting on him. you'll prolly just get 1 shot. good luck.

· Registered
1,539 Posts
the first evening the wind was right I would be there waiting on him. you'll prolly just get 1 shot. good luck.
+1

agreed 100%

· Super Moderator
20,486 Posts
+2 Good luck!

· Registered
4,250 Posts
Since I have no idea what this deer's patterns are, I am not going to speculate on whether this was a one-time viewing or not, but I just have to ask...ISN'T IT THE FREAKIN' BEST FEELING IN THE WORLD KNOWING THAT YOU SAW THE BIGGEST DEER YOU HAVE EVER SEEN ALIVE ON YOUR OWN HUNTING PROPERTY!?!?!? I am in the same boat here!

I saw a typical 12 or 14 point buck 2 seasons ago that would have gone 180-185 typical EASILY!! My brother saw him again last season with a droptine that season! That's it 2 sightings during the rut..just passing through...but the biggest freakin' deer I have seen on the hoof ever!!! Ain't deer hunting the best?!?!

DON'T SCREW WITH THE WIND ON A MATURE BUCK!! IF YOU NEED A NORTH WIND - DON'T EVEN THINK ABOUT GOING ON A NORTHWEST OR NORTHEAST WIND! OR WHATEVER WAY IT HAS TO BE...JUST WAIT FOR THE ABSOLUTE PERFECT WIND AND MAKE SURE IT IS PERFECT!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.