Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
37,038 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This morning on my way to work I went by the farm I hunt and at 0645 I saw a massive, at least 8 point buck about 30 yards from one of my tree stands. He was a hugh bodied deer and had about a 21" spread and was very high tined. I shot a 144 class 4.5 year old 10 point there last year and I did not think it could ever be matched or equaled by me in my area but maybe it can! Just thought I would share this because now I am stoaked for September 30th to get here. I have not seen this buck all summer so its great to know hes there.:wink:

·
Registered
2,923 Posts
hey man, thats awesome. i had the same thing happen to me the other night, was out at scouting alittle bit (gonna go sit in my stand) but when i walked into the entrance of the field.. all i can say is.. OMG. Right infront of my ground blind i had just set up the day before was a 14 point buck, and a really nice 10pt. i sat and watched them in the bean field for a good hour, and i ended up pushing my atv back not wanting to spook them.

the 14pt is a mainframe 12 with dual drops.... no idea in total inches.. probably 180+

and the 10 is probably a 160 class buck

I sure know where i will be october 1 lol, good luck this season

1 - 2 of 2 Posts