Archery Talk Forum banner

281 - 300 of 337 Posts
9,036 Posts
.....and here is another one just like this:
Magically contacted me via pm with what I was looking for in the WTB.
AT Name: SmithDonovan888....the message went like this:
"...Left handed bowtech sr6 up for sale. Its 70lb bow i bought it in febuary pm me (754) 240-9309"
Went ahead and contacted him via text and he wants 150 ASAP...."Hey are you ready to buy"
1 post and joined 14 days ago. Tried to get his email for paypal but the only thing he would give up is "dannymak567" and when pressured he gave me another one "his brother" ..... "martinmauri"....and finally gave me [email protected] which is probably not correct.
Price is outstanding for an SR6
Please be careful folks.....wanted to get as much information as I could on him before posting this. Have already reported this to the moderators.
Fred
.....and the person who tried to scam me is now banned! Outstanding!

·
Registered
5 Posts
Wow, you came across as being pretty rude. I never said that I wanted to be exempt from the rules of AT but that is something your are insinuating which just isnt true. I am just returning to archery after be absent for about 25 years and I am happy to be on AT. I think it is a tremendous resource but I am not on here everyday since I have work, I have family, and other responsibilities. But yes, I have been registered for 12 days and I have been reading post and farmilerizing myself with the website and rules. If there is something wrong with doing so please let me know.
He is watching out for the members here over the needs of someone that is new here. Would you actually expect anything else?
If you cant chill out a little this probably isnt a good forum for you.
Yeah thats me... 3 posts in 4 years. :)
I dont say much, but I read a huge amount of info here that has been very valuable.

·
Registered
167 Posts
I have a strange one wanting to buy an item from me.
Jsmalley member since 6, 2019 and not a single post, or reply.

·
Registered
167 Posts
yes, I just ignored his pm
Thank you

·
Registered
486 Posts
Scammers are using the AT app to get around the 2 week 20 post rule.
That said,as much as I hate a scammer,I have ZERO sympathy for anyone who gets ripped off by someone who hasn't met the criteria to even be in the classifieds.
Let's face it...archery is an expensive hobby.
Requires some knowledge of physics,math and anatomy.
So I KNOW most archers are somewhat intelligent.
So if someone isn't smart enough to look at a seller's join date,post count,get a phone # etc etc....then they somewhat deserve what they get.

·
Registered
3,298 Posts
I need a moderator to contact me..

Have a guy offering to sell me a set of limbs with what I think has two different user names

·
Registered
2 Posts
We have had a recent uptick in scammers trying to take advantage of our members using the classifieds. Please be very wary of anyone that says 'I have a friend', 'Call this guy, he has what you are looking for', etc.... Some are using pm's to contact other members, most have zero post history and are new members. Some are targeting those who are posting WTB ads in particular.

Please read the rules of posting in the classifieds and pay particular attention to the sections that detail communication with the other party. Get a phone number and physically speak to the other party. Get their address information, etc... DO NOT deal with them if they are not being open and honest about these details. You can always forward any communications by email or pm to one of the mods/admins here and we will deal with any suspected scammers asap.

Please be vigilant, especially in these trying times. :yo:
Any idea how to sell a bow on this site

281 - 300 of 337 Posts