Archery Talk Forum banner

301 - 320 of 337 Posts

·
Registered
3,426 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
A quick way to circumvent folks not having an item they are posting for "sale" would be to either require, or otherwise as a grass roots thing, have folks post pictures of said item with their username simply written on a piece of paper in the picture with the items. Prevents re-use of photos since it ties that picture to a user.
This is what a lot of forums do..

Mike

·
Registered
3,426 Posts
It's crazy....I received all of those in response to one post!
I said awhile back that we should all put up WTB posts and weed out more of these losers. Sort of an AT classifieds sting. Unfortunately though, I think a lot of the scammers are repeats. They get banned under one user name and come right back.

·
Registered
78 Posts
So how do I report a scammer to get his account blocked?! Have a guy photo shopping his name and such into pictures to try to sell me a bow...

·
Registered
29 Posts
jamesmarcush3 Is a scammer I posted an add looking for some sticks and he sent a pm with cell number I texted him and he sent me a picture of exactly what I was looking for. A quick google search and voila the second picture to pop up was pictures of hawk helium sticks from a DIY post on saddlehunter.com. I pmed Lou but wanted to put it here as well
thanks

·
Registered
1,833 Posts
I have a WTB Post up and ended up with 3 different PM’s & texts via different phone #’s that were all bogus. Their pics were posted from the manufacturers websites which was an immediate tip off. Also the guy on here that recommended his friend had what I was looking for had only been a member on AT for 2 hours which totally exposed him when I checked further. I always ask what is their posted name on the Forums and state I always as a standard practice check the sellers background and that they are welcome to check mine. That immediately gets them in a corner and they know they’ve been had. Scammers are very active from what I’ve run into so be aware.

·
Registered
15 Posts
We have had a recent uptick in scammers trying to take advantage of our members using the classifieds. Please be very wary of anyone that says 'I have a friend', 'Call this guy, he has what you are looking for', etc.... Some are using pm's to contact other members, most have zero post history and are new members. Some are targeting those who are posting WTB ads in particular.

Please read the rules of posting in the classifieds and pay particular attention to the sections that detail communication with the other party. Get a phone number and physically speak to the other party. Get their address information, etc... DO NOT deal with them if they are not being open and honest about these details. You can always forward any communications by email or pm to one of the mods/admins here and we will deal with any suspected scammers asap.

Please be vigilant, especially in these trying times. :yo:
Thanks for the heads up. I’m new to this forum and just started looking through classified posts

301 - 320 of 337 Posts