Archery Talk Forum banner

321 - 337 of 337 Posts

·
Registered
140 Posts
I have a WTB Post up and ended up with 3 different PM’s & texts via different phone #’s that were all bogus. Their pics were posted from the manufacturers websites which was an immediate tip off. Also the guy on here that recommended his friend had what I was looking for had only been a member on AT for 2 hours which totally exposed him when I checked further. I always ask what is their posted name on the Forums and state I always as a standard practice check the sellers background and that they are welcome to check mine. That immediately gets them in a corner and they know they’ve been had. Scammers are very active from what I’ve run into so be aware.
Happening with me jus now I posted on WTB and got three pm with different accounts with zero post all created yesterday night around same timing

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
135 Posts
I just got scammed out of 450 dollars, had an add in the WTB , got 2 private messages that day , about contacting a guy who had a bow for sale that I was looking for , one after questioning him for sending photos of 2 different bows stopped responding, the other guy I should have been more cautious but thought it was legit , after sending money last night , now has been asking for 100 dollars more for shipping, this was all happening through email, I figured out real quick I got scammed, already talked to bank and they r pretty confident I will get money back once I make a dispute, have to wait till Monday though. I’ve been a member for over a year and am really upset about this, and of anyone could tell me how it is not in my conversations anymore, the one is but the other one that got my money is not in conversations anymore, so I can’t see who sent me this guys email

·
Registered
17,339 Posts
I just got scammed out of 450 dollars, had an add in the WTB , got 2 private messages that day , about contacting a guy who had a bow for sale that I was looking for , one after questioning him for sending photos of 2 different bows stopped responding, the other guy I should have been more cautious but thought it was legit , after sending money last night , now has been asking for 100 dollars more for shipping, this was all happening through email, I figured out real quick I got scammed, already talked to bank and they r pretty confident I will get money back once I make a dispute, have to wait till Monday though. I’ve been a member for over a year and am really upset about this, and of anyone could tell me how it is not in my conversations anymore, the one is but the other one that got my money is not in conversations anymore, so I can’t see who sent me this guys email
I'd say contact a mod they can tell you if they got banned or something else and maybe they can help you with the info/pm

·
Registered
17 Posts
How did you pay? If PayPal you should be protected.. Just file a did not receive claim and you should be good.

Mike

·
Registered
2 Posts
Got a guy trying to buy my Prevail. He's had 3 post all together and all in the classifieds. Pathfinder888 is his handle. Could be a glitch in the system not showing but 3 post (which I looked up individually). Sent the information to the mods. Hopefully they figure this out. If he's legit please delete this post.

Sent from my SM-N960U1 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
720 Posts
I Paypal paid for a Lefthand Qad Hdx in Blue from a Seth234. Never received the rest or any of my Pms were returned from him. Filed a claim thru PayPal to get my money back.

·
Registered
967 Posts
my hoyt dealer has some older, newer mods and cams unused
I have sent private messages to 5 different users here, who are looking for them, I have also offered them in their own post publicly
I bet none of them appreciate my selfless help, thinking I'm a scammer. thank you very much scammers ,no problem, it was a headache to go to the store and post oficce with the packages, send them and hope that they all arrive without problems

·
Rattle Yer Head!
1,257 Posts

Great deals here. I am sure they're on the up and up, 🤨

·
Registered
26 Posts
We have had a recent uptick in scammers trying to take advantage of our members using the classifieds. Please be very wary of anyone that says 'I have a friend', 'Call this guy, he has what you are looking for', etc.... Some are using pm's to contact other members, most have zero post history and are new members. Some are targeting those who are posting WTB ads in particular.

Please read the rules of posting in the classifieds and pay particular attention to the sections that detail communication with the other party. Get a phone number and physically speak to the other party. Get their address information, etc... DO NOT deal with them if they are not being open and honest about these details. You can always forward any communications by email or pm to one of the mods/admins here and we will deal with any suspected scammers asap.

Please be vigilant, especially in these trying times. :yo:
Thanks for the heads up!

·
Registered
291 Posts
We have had a recent uptick in scammers trying to take advantage of our members using the classifieds. Please be very wary of anyone that says 'I have a friend', 'Call this guy, he has what you are looking for', etc.... Some are using pm's to contact other members, most have zero post history and are new members. Some are targeting those who are posting WTB ads in particular.

Please read the rules of posting in the classifieds and pay particular attention to the sections that detail communication with the other party. Get a phone number and physically speak to the other party. Get their address information, etc... DO NOT deal with them if they are not being open and honest about these details. You can always forward any communications by email or pm to one of the mods/admins here and we will deal with any suspected scammers asap.

Please be vigilant, especially in these trying times. :yo:
I have been targeted! Easy to figure out thought!

321 - 337 of 337 Posts