Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
3,807 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i am considering buying some scent-blocker clothing and i was wondering what everybody else thought of it before i bought it. Do you like it, does it work, any help will be appreciated.

·
Registered
1,003 Posts
I don't go out without mine, but its not a substitute for the whole scent free regiment. I make sure I shower with scent free products, scent free deodorant, clothes stored in a scent proof bag, blah, blah, blah. However, I have had deer walk towards me with the wind blowing right at them. In 3 years of wearing my scent blocker suit, I've been busted by deer, both does.

·
Registered
409 Posts
i have some i don't sware by it i've been bussted by one buck but he saw me i think and ran downwind and snorted but i've had deer down wind that havn't been spooked at all i think it works sum.

·
Registered
444 Posts
Save your money. I bought 2 scent blocker suits and both lost their
effectivness after 1 seasons use. They are not worth the money.
Baking soda works well and is ALOT cheaper. I spent like $700.00
on the 2 suits and wish I had my money back. :mad:

·
Registered
427 Posts
Waste of $ IMO

From what Ive read about activated carbon I think it is a big scam... For the carbon to be totally reactivated it has to be heated to 1100 degrees if I remember right. Plus... what about the scent from your breath and hands?

·
Registered
1,122 Posts
I have both scent blocker and scent lock suits..a total of 3 suits. They have helped me harvest deer and I have seen their results, time and time again. I had a huge mature trophy buck in Il. a few years ago downwind at 25 yds...he never had a clue that I was there. I also abide by the scent rules of showering, and keeping as scent free as possible. I will continue to use them. I feel it was money well spent. Even if they give you a slight advantage, that could mean the difference of a few seconds to get a shot off.

Dave

·
Registered
2,128 Posts
i have had one sent blocker suit for 5 years now.it does work to a point imo.
and i also have a hole sent free regiment i go through. i would not just put the suit on and go hunting with out bathing first and making sure every thing i take into the woods with me is sent free.

i worsh my suit once a year unless i get blood or mud on it. i keep it in a carbon bag.

blankenship, you are going to get alot of negative and positive on this subject. i would say it has worked for me.

·
Registered
234 Posts
Save your money.It takes something like 1500 degrees to reactivate carbon, your dryer won't do it. I gave all my scent-loc clothing away to a friend that still thinks it works.
X-scent seems to work somewhat. Scent eliminaters such as N-Odor do work. It's the only stuff I've ever heard of to pass the Bloodhound test.
Sawmiller

·
Registered
240 Posts
Anybody beside me buy the surplus chemical suits? They seem to work good and only cost around $20 for a whole pant and jacket set.

·
Registered
2,457 Posts
I bought a pair of scentblocker pants on sale pretty cheap at Wal-mart last year right after deer season, I think im gonna buy a jacket to match so I will have a whole suit. A couple of years ago a buddy of mine found some scent spray at wal-mart i had never heard of, now we use it and only it. If we can find it. We bought like 15 bottles at the end of deer season, season before last and we have only 2 left. almost 15 bottles in 1 season. I have had 1 deer bust because of smelling me since we have used that and i have had both bucks and does all around down wind, from me many of times. And I dont hunt very high off the ground. I dunno about the whole scentblocker thing, i just bought some cuz i found some for cheap and thought id try it. I would definately get some rubber or boots though. I have used these in both in bow and gun season even when its cold outside. I think that has a lot to do with keeping the deer from bustin me. Lacrosse Alpha Burly are great boots. My personal choice and for under 100 bucks, you cant beat it, they feel like tennis shoes, very light.

·
Registered
296 Posts
There's no doubt in my mind that when used correctly, carbon suits work. I don't believe they absorb 100% of scent, but they seem to help allot. Nervous deer seem to hang around longer. Another thing I like about my Scent Blocker suit, it was made for bow hunting. Nice features like a sleeve suppressor, quiet zippers on easy access pockets, the armpit area is cut loose for drawing your bow, and the material is super quiet. :thumbs_up

1 - 12 of 12 Posts