Archery Talk Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

· Registered
261 Posts
I didnt buy it but I thought about it when I saw it at Dicks..

pros; very form fitting, quiet, felt warm..

cons; they only had it in MO treestand (dont like it) like cabelas, seems like it was TOO warm for the opening week here, it would make me sweat on the way to the stand, probably wont wick moisture too well....

and the worst con of all...

300$ for one jacket and 200$ for the pants.:jaw:....dream seasons would turn to nightmares for me...

· Registered
23,637 Posts
I love it and want one...it has all the features I could imagine, then some...the black fleece liner is a plus...it can be used as a stand along scent control garment in a blind!

AND NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO HOOD!!!!!!!

· Registered
54 Posts
I was checking out the jacket at cabelas last week. I didnt really care for it. It was really quiet. But when I tried it on I didnt like the fit. To me it seems to bulky for bowhunting. What I didnt like was all the buckles and straps and patches on the outside of the jacket. And I dont believe the jacket is windproof/waterproof. Thats alot of $$$ to spend on something that isnt.
The best jacket that I found and bought was the Sitka Celcius. The fit and feel was the best that I found out of everything at Cabelas.

· Registered
1,198 Posts
just bought one at gander mt. just trying it on sold it to me, what a fit, was looking for something for late archery, love the pockets and little cabiners to hook on the range finder, also the way you can tightten down the jacket to fit your body, all in all it is alot of money but i don't beleive i will need another jacket for a long time.

Todd

· Registered
2,015 Posts
Got mine from Robinson last week and I love it....Our season hasn't started so can't give you a Feild test opinion.....But I know putting it on here in the house for about 5 or 10 minutes and you'll start sweating....Seems alot warmer than the Outfitter Suit I got last year!! Has the hole in the back for your safty strap, which the outfitter didn't have. The Liner feels alot better & Warmer than the liner Vest the outfitter had. Like said above alittle more form fitted, with straps to adjust for fit!

The pants seem Fine, but the Pockets on the pants should be more like the ones on the outfitter.....the Pro Suit Pockets are on the front of the leg, which I'm not a Big fan of. and they seem to be made out of a very thin Material, which may if it gets caught on a Brier may rip. Don't like that either!

As far as I can see at the Moment Comparing the new Pro Suit to the Last years outfitter.......I would say the Pro Top is definately tops..... But the Pro Bottoms feel Great...so Feel I would say the Pro-suit, But the pockets on the Outfitter seem better that the 2008 Pro-suit!

Hope this helps

· Registered
1,539 Posts
I hear it's supposed to be very quiet and alot warmer than the old Dream Season suit. I have the road trips and love mine. Although it's a bit breezy. But scentlock under armour under it and it's great. JMO

· Registered
67 Posts
I have the jacket and the pants and they are great. Quiet and fit really well. I bought mine off of ebay for $160 for the jacket and the pants. There is a seller on there by the name of mountain-heritage-wholesale i bought the set from. Fast shipping too. Most of his are in Real Tree AP. The label on the bag had a Cabela's sticker under another sticker, I am thinking they bought up last years models, but kinda funny I bought both pieces for the price of one. Oh and he will mix and match sizes for you if you ask when you pay.

· Registered
2,015 Posts
I have the jacket and the pants and they are great. Quiet and fit really well. I bought mine off of ebay for $160 for the jacket and the pants. There is a seller on there by the name of mountain-heritage-wholesale i bought the set from. Fast shipping too. Most of his are in Real Tree AP. The label on the bag had a Cabela's sticker under another sticker, I am thinking they bought up last years models, but kinda funny I bought both pieces for the price of one. Oh and he will mix and match sizes for you if you ask when you pay.
Just bought one at Dick's on the clearance rack . $49.99 . :)
Ok ya'll Didn't Buy the Scent Blocker Pro Suit. The SB Pro suit is the 2008 suit and Retails $500+ for Tops and Bottoms!! You may have gotten the regular DS Fleece suit Rddiehl. Becouse that Retails For about $200.

Mike I have know clue what you have but it's definately not the Pro Jacket or Pants!!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.