Archery Talk Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
299 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm new to using carbon suits - this year will be my first year trying one. Earlier in the year, my fiancee picked up a set of the lightweight Scent Blocker Frontier stuff from Wally World for my birthday. It seems like good stuff - BDU-style pants, and a button up shirt; it seems very similar to their SLT line.

Now I'm looking for something when the weather gets colder. I've saw the Evolution Protec Fleece in Cabelas, which looks pretty nice. Wally World also has a heavier Frontier set, which seems to be similar to Scent Blocker's Discovery series. It's waterproof, hooded, and the jacket reverses to blaze orange. The only thing I can see bad with their set is that it may be a bit noisy.

Do any of you guys know anything about the Protec Fleece, or the Wally World waterproof Frontier stuff?

·
Registered
2,789 Posts
I wouldn't recommend the Protec for cold weather hunting. My buddy wore it out in Illinois last year and was freezing his butt of in temps that were in the 20s and 30s. Definitely NOT cold weather gear, but more so good for chilly mornings in October.

·
Registered
854 Posts
I have the Protec fleece and absolutely love it....extremely quiet and comfortable...plenty warm if layered up. I shot a deer wearing it last year dec. 12th and it was 12 degrees out with my bow.

·
Registered
14,403 Posts
layering is the key, and fleece is the perfect material to do it with. Almost all of my clothing is fleece. Sheds water really well too, ony draw back is the burrs I pick up . . . but I figure when I wear the stuff out I will just plant it in the back yard :)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts