Archery Talk Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey Everyone,

Just got back from hunting in NW this past week and wanted to bounce some feedback off of you guys. I confess, I'm a bit of a Scentblocker addict, all of my clothes, my pack, etc...so naturally I bought some of the new trinity spray (in the yellow spray bottle) to use on my hunt. We had some cold mornings, temps from 14 degrees to just above freezing when I was field dressing...and the new Trinity spray kept FREEZING. I understand that the stuff can't use any kind of alcohol in it (for scent reasons) but I was just really disappointed when I couldn't spray down before walking to my stand in the morning...

Have any of you guys noticed this as well? Do you guys recommend any scent free sprays that dont seem to ice up?

Thanks!!

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Just to provide an interesting addition to my previous post, I e-mailed Robinson Outdoors with my experience. Great customer service if I must say so myself (gag).

Thank you for the email. Our products aren’t freeze proof, no. You weren’t trying to spray the kill were you?
At that point, the use of the spray is mute right? You’ve killed.

Inside Sales Representative | Robinson Outdoor Products, LLC.
110 North Park Drive | Cannon Falls, MN 55009
(P) 507-263-2885 | * | (F) 800-377-1927
Email: | www.robinsonoutdoors.com

My response:

Hi _____,

By field dressing, I meant getting dressed in the field before walking to my stand —only a moron would try and scent proof an animal that they have killed. Considering more than half of the deer season in the Midwest is done after temperatures drop below the freezing point, you might want to have your R&D department take that into consideration when designing future sprays (to try and resolve the freezing issue). You may also want to find a local community college and take a class on customer service instead of making asinine comments essentially calling your customers stupid. Thank god your clothing speaks for itself and doesn’t rely on the inside sales department’s tact to retain customers.

(Identities hidden to shield the moronic)

·
Registered
1,607 Posts
Well I THINK everyone who uses scent reduction sprays has experienced this once, and after that morning they decided to not keep their Scentlok Spray in the car overnight when its freezing....

Are you asking Sent Blocker to make the product more expensive?

·
Registered
1,665 Posts
Just to provide an interesting addition to my previous post, I e-mailed Robinson Outdoors with my experience. Great customer service if I must say so myself (gag).

Thank you for the email. Our products aren’t freeze proof, no. You weren’t trying to spray the kill were you?
At that point, the use of the spray is mute right? You’ve killed.

Inside Sales Representative | Robinson Outdoor Products, LLC.
110 North Park Drive | Cannon Falls, MN 55009
(P) 507-263-2885 | * | (F) 800-377-1927
Email: | www.robinsonoutdoors.com

My response:

Hi _____,

By field dressing, I meant getting dressed in the field before walking to my stand —only a moron would try and scent proof an animal that they have killed. Considering more than half of the deer season in the Midwest is done after temperatures drop below the freezing point, you might want to have your R&D department take that into consideration when designing future sprays (to try and resolve the freezing issue). You may also want to find a local community college and take a class on customer service instead of making asinine comments essentially calling your customers stupid. Thank god your clothing speaks for itself and doesn’t rely on the inside sales department’s tact to retain customers.

(Identities hidden to shield the moronic)
WOW ...talk about a bunch of helmets...way to lay it to em...good for you

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
More expensive? Scent Blocker spray is already some of the most expensive stuff on the market. I consider the ability to be able to use it when I need it to be just as important as its ability to eliminate scent.

Bottom line is, for the type of money we spend on a spray...I would hope it wouldnt be as freeze prone as it is. After the first morning that it froze up on me, I kept it in the cabin overnight. Just something to keep in mind guys if you plan on using it during the upcoming gun season -- dont keep it in your truck and expect to be able to use it if the temps drop.

·
Registered
513 Posts
Hey Everyone,

Just got back from hunting in NW this past week and wanted to bounce some feedback off of you guys. I confess, I'm a bit of a Scentblocker addict, all of my clothes, my pack, etc...so naturally I bought some of the new trinity spray (in the yellow spray bottle) to use on my hunt. We had some cold mornings, temps from 14 degrees to just above freezing when I was field dressing...and the new Trinity spray kept FREEZING. I understand that the stuff can't use any kind of alcohol in it (for scent reasons) but I was just really disappointed when I couldn't spray down before walking to my stand in the morning...

Have any of you guys noticed this as well? Do you guys recommend any scent free sprays that dont seem to ice up?

Thanks!!
Just treat Trinity Spray as you do Buck Bomb keep it warm inside your coat.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.